Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-07-2017, 03:12 AM

AquaAddict is on a distinguished road

great pump! I have a Jecod DCS 9,000 (10 levels with controller) and it is very quiet. I think Jebao and Jecod and the same company Jebao being American and Jecod being Chinese. Anybody know for sure?

AquaAddict
Old 03-07-2017, 03:29 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about the difference between the two brands. But I couldn't beat the price for the DC pump! I'm hoping it will run quiet as it will be in the living room.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:54 AM

Well I have finally filled the DT and Sump with water. I was happy with the way the sump layout worked and how quiet the Jebao DC pump is! I noticed one small leak which I tightened the bulkhead and *poof* gone. I also had to tweak the percentage on the digital controller for the Jebao return pump to control the overflow level and balance everything out. This took a bit but I managed to dial it in to where I was happy.

Jebao return pump, so quiet! Marked out temporary running and high water levels with tape.

I finally decided on the wall the tank will be setup on. I decided this wall would be best do to being tucked away, yet near the bar and completely visible from the couch . I applied a black vinyl on the back of the tank as I have saw them in person, on builds and I love how they make the fish and coral pop.

This is the wall! Also the drywall is up and the taping is almost finished.

I am getting excited as once the drywall is done I will be 1 step closer to setting this beauty up. I will have the textured ceiling done and then I can lay the floor... this means that the tank can finall be filled in place.

I am currently trying to pick two heaters that will be sufficient for the tank. I really like the Eheim Jäger heaters I currently have on the 75g. I was thinking 2 - 300w would be plenty, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone have ideas or know if this will work? I will also be picking up new Sand this weekend. I will also pickup a temporary clamp light for the fuge area until I can get a proper one as most are currently on backorder.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:46 AM

UPDATE:

Picked up 5 bags of Ocean Direct Live Sand

Ended up going with 2 x 300w Eheim Jager heaters as I currently have them in the 75g and I have had no issues!

Running an LED Daylight bulb in a simple clamp fixture light for the fuge. I will look at upgrading to something a bit better, looking for suggestions on fuge lights.

Looking for any suggestions on fuge lights. Just looking to grow Chaeto and harvest pods.

Vertex RODI unit installed

Looks like someone is wanting me to make this more then just a glass box!

Sorry for the pictures being sideways, using the tinypic uploads and I'm not sure how to rotate them. Photobucket finally made me pull the pin as it was sooooooo slow... and the spam messages were killing my computer. I will take some more updated photographs, if all goes well the tank transfer will happen this weekend! Long time coming...
Old 03-18-2017, 04:42 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Coming along nicely, a journal is not a journal unless it's pic friendly...
For chaeto I found that at 2700-3500k spiral bulb grows it the best, the red violet LEDs will do the same but leds in that spectrum work better for different macro. Believe it or not my sump/anemone tank grows dragon breath with only blue LEDs.

Plants mostly green will use other colours like red, UV, purple, pink, blue and abit of yellow but bounce back greens. Whatever colour the plant is it will not use that colour. I love horticulture so I've done a lot of research in the best light to grow.

In water the LEDs get filtered abit but for cost the spiral bulbs do just fine. LEDs can cost 2-4x more.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips

Last edited by tang daddy; 03-18-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM

Awesome! I just need something to provide decent growth and maintain. This should work good and it's nice to pickup a Home Depot special. I was initially looking on Reef Supplies at the Evergrow Nova, but for the simple chaeto I didn't think it was worth the money.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:43 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality algae scraper? Need something that will make for an easy sweep on the glass daily.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:24 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

I've read good things about the tunze magnetic cleaner look it up. Tanks looking good
Old 03-18-2017, 04:34 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Tank coming along good, for magnetic scraper I use the hammer head and the tunze, tunze by far is better, as is easy to use... as refugium I was lucky with just an led light bulb, the daylight ones, I heard good things about the spiral one but I dot really trust them for environmental reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 08:05 AM

iamfrontosa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good quality algae scraper? Need something that will make for an easy sweep on the glass daily.
Magfloat with scrapper attachment. It will never fall off to the bottom of the sand bed. I have Tunze, but magfloat works much better for me.