Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-15-2018, 08:16 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Update!

I ended up having to send everything in to Neptune to take a look at it. Finally heard back today and was told the issue is:

1. The sensors were not completely pushed into the bezel. Apparently if the sensor doesn't stick out 1/8" then it will read as open.

2. The sensors were labeled incorrectly. So the high water sensor was labeled as the low level one and vice versa.

The sensors being labeled wrong seems odd to me. It had been working fine for 6 months. Wouldn't I always hear the high water alarm if the high water sensor was in fact in the wrong place?

I'm also confused on how both sensors would have come out from the bezel. I would assume it would take a bit of force and it had just been sitting in the sump and one day stopped working. Vibrations maybe slowly loosened it?

Either way I am getting my deposit back and should have my now working ATK unit in about a week or so.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:37 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

They seem to have pretty good customer support. They haven't given up on you like most companies that have zero customer support.

Sounds like a company I would be willing to purchase a controller from just won't buy their ATO.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:48 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
They seem to have pretty good customer support. They haven't given up on you like most companies that have zero customer support.

Sounds like a company I would be willing to purchase a controller from just won't buy their ATO.

I can't say anything bad about their customer support. They are quick to answer any of your questions. They have pretty good troubleshooting docs as well.

As frustrating as it is having something like this go wrong. It was a pretty painless experience getting it to and from them. Except for fedEx not having my buzzer number and instead of calling they just keep the package for a week until I call them...
Old 10-16-2018, 03:45 AM

kyl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post

Their ATO is only worth tempting if using the additional ports on the FMM imo. Else, that pump is a big liability of the unit, versus a Tunze 3155 which basically just works almost forever.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
Their ATO is only worth tempting if using the additional ports on the FMM imo. Else, that pump is a big liability of the unit, versus a Tunze 3155 which basically just works almost forever.
Not too sure what your trying to say about the FMM?

I've heard comments about the netune PMUP, but isn't the pump the high failure point on all ATO set ups?

I had replaced the pump on my Tunze ATO several times in the past as well. But I wouldn't say the tunze was bad because of it.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:24 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
I had replaced the pump on my Tunze ATO several times in the past
Not to turn this into a 3155 thread, but my pumps last for 5-6 years if I don't run them dry, and I don't use Kalk.
I have 2 Tunze units running without issue.