Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-20-2017, 01:43 AM

Mattyb is on a distinguished road

Tank won't be there. It's only there for storage until I have the plumbing sorted out and then will be moving it to a different location. This room my floors run parallel to the tank. Other room is the oppisite
Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 AM

So went to go plumb my tank today. Unfortunately after looking inside my overflow box I noticed the brace of the stand is in the way of 2 of the 1nch holes. Kinda ****ed as this was the reason my tank took so long to arrive in the first place( 12 weeks after being told 5-6). Just before they were going to ship it a few weeks ago they told me they made a mistake. I guess they figured since it was redone that nothing was going to be wrong with it again. Guess they forgot to check. Been told they are going to get one ASAP to me. So bummed as I was hoping to get this transefer done this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 AM

Side note. I’m still a little concerned about the weight of my sump and tank being on the 2nd floor. Debating on buying a acrylic sump instead to cut down on some of the wieght. Should I be nervous that it weighs as much as my tank lol. At least I’m insured if something happens.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:52 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Ugh that is a total pain in the A$$
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM

ReefMadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
Side note. I’m still a little concerned about the weight of my sump and tank being on the 2nd floor. Debating on buying a acrylic sump instead to cut down on some of the wieght. Should I be nervous that it weighs as much as my tank lol. At least I’m insured if something happens.
changing the material your sump is constructed from is not going to solve a whole lot. if your floor is incapable of holding 1500lbs it is going to eventually yield supporting 1450lbs, its just going to take longer... let alone the extra weight added whenever you walk up to your tank to view it.
to be perfectly honest if weight is a concern you need to consider either adding a telepost downstairs to help support it or moving the tank to a more suitable location.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:48 AM

Potatohead is on a distinguished road

Is the wall the tank is against a load bearing wall? I don't think you have much to worry about either way but that would make it extra safe.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:33 AM

Great news today. Got a call from Dave at concept an informed me that my new stand was being shipped today. Can’t wait to get things started again.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:13 AM

Tank stand arrived this week. Can’t say enough about Dave at concept tanks for getting me the stand as fast as he did. Not to mention compensating me very nicely for all my troubles, top notch company! Now I have 3 days to get this beast ready for the transfer next week. If ur looking at a custom build, I highly recommend concept aquariums! Can’t wait to get this build going and getting wet. Stay tuned
Old 10-07-2017, 05:11 AM

kyl is on a distinguished road

Good to see it worked out!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM

Cabinet is painted. Now to screw it back together and get the sump in place. Then I can start the plumbing and build a couple of shelves.