Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 AM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties
Default Warranty issues with Ford F350

Does anyone know of any sort of lemon laws or consumer protection for declined warranty work?

We have an '07 F350 that Ford declined the warranty on a head gasket repair due to a dealer installed cold air intake. We had the truck custom built at Advantage Ford and had it built by them to make sure everything was under waranty. We even bought extended warranty for it.

The truck was blowing white smoke and hubby brought it in. They gave him a brand new 2009 F150 to drive for over three weeks until they phoned and said his truck was ready. When he went to pick it up, they said Ford will not honor the warranty due to the cold air intake and they did not fix it...

So they tell hubby they can put him into a 2009 Harley Davidson F350 for more money a month which is not an option. They even gave him one to drive for the week. We hate it and it is awful on fuel.

Now he is in the hole $15000 on his lease for a truck Ford will not fix and we cannot afford to fix. Financing another truck is just not an option right now, so we are in a really bad situation...

Is there anyone that knows what our rights are as a consumer. I find it hard to believe that Ford can tell us forget warranty without giving us the reason and PROVING this is the reason the truck is broken. I cannot see how head gaskets can be caused by an air cleaner. I run a cold air intake on my Toyota and it is just fine...

I have to run around to Advantage and Crowfoor Ford tomorrow and get all the service records, and then have to figure out what to do from there...