Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-09-2011, 01:15 PM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

So here are some pictures of my very hungry stonefish tonight. I ran outa my Hikari 3" silversides and the little guys from sally's dont leave him full and cause me a headache cause he latchs his mouth around my whole feeder stick. Shaking him off is difficult more so cause I worry about hurting him.

So here are updated pics of the big boy..

Old 08-09-2011, 01:31 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Great pic's

I tried a toadfish once but unfortunately due to his passive nature my grouper killed it Personally I wouldn't try one in your tank.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM

If they were the same size, id gamble it. But if smaller... id sit on it for awhile. He has been pretty well behaved of late. Last night proved to me he was the king of the tank.

While feeding the puffer or eel, your in a race to get food away from the puffer, or throw food at the puffer than quickly feed the eel... its a challange to fend of the garberator known as puff. But last night I took some silversides in my claw, and put them in front of the stone, the puff raced at the stone, then stopped dead.. and just stared at the food as if pondering.. "I know you are a little crazy.. but if you dont want it, I do.. so you going to take it.. hmm.. come on, make up your mind" then proceeded some slow cautious snags at the food. It was kinda fun to watch my puffer being cautious.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 AM

So, with the puffer gone, its so much easier to feed, and to make everyone happy, I took a video of what I use when the stonefish in a tricky place.

Stonefish eats food
Old 08-24-2011, 12:47 AM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

i was looking at your pictures and i was trying to find the fish, not until i got to the third picture i realized i wasnt looking at a piece of rock.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:16 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboy View Post
i was looking at your pictures and i was trying to find the fish, not until i got to the third picture i realized i wasnt looking at a piece of rock.
So true it took me a long time to find the fish too. A few pic.'s back I was looking and wondering why there was so many pic's of rock and not of the fish

The video is cool but it's strange too as it does sort of look like a rock moving suddenly to grab the food. Pretty cool fish though
Old 08-24-2011, 01:24 PM

Haha, it why I often refer to him as my ugly muppet. He is a very unique looking, behaving fish. I personally love having him, and dont mind the way my tank is so empty.

The trick to finding him is looking for his eyes, when he does burry up to his eyes in sand he is much much harder to find, the most ive spent looking for him in a 4x2 space is 14minutes.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 AM

Here are some updated shots of the big boy himself, and the new little S. Neglecta

Old 09-13-2011, 01:00 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

someone has to adopt the ugly ones
Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 AM

Haha, yup. But if I recall, you said my eel was awesome! This tank aint all ugly.