Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

5 months or so on my D120's and loving them too. Will be modding them for 0-10v control soon. Wanted to make sure there working well before I open them up. And 2 over my 60" tank is ok, but not enough if you have SPS etc. I'm a softie tank

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 08-10-2014, 04:46 PM

spedly is on a distinguished road

I ordered an IT2080 this morning from Reef Supply Canada. I'm very excited to receive it and set it up. I have scoured the Internet and have not been able to find any bad reviews. I don't think it's the most attractive fixture but I don't want to spend twice the amount for aesthetics.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 AM

spedly is on a distinguished road

My lights arrived today. They're for a new project I'm working on so it'll be a few weeks before I actually mount them. But I couldn't wait to check them out and give them little test.

WOW! Holy crap! Is that ever bright! I'm pretty new to the saltwater hobby so I didn't really have a point of reference other than the Current USA fixture I have on my FOWLR. You can't compare the two fixtures. The Evergrow obviously is in a totally different postal code.

For fun I took the Current USA off the tank and then held the Evergrow above it. In just the few seconds that I held it there I was amazed at how natural it looked. My Current USA is quite cool in terms of colour. I don't really like it but hey, it is what it is.

Anyways so far I'm super happy with it. Gives me some additional motivation to get this new 150 up and at 'em.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:00 PM

theokie is on a distinguished road

Just wondering what you guys think about using a D120 on a 18x18x12d coral quarantine tank. I've Diy d all my other lights but really don't have the time to build a new fixture.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:07 PM

Magma is on a distinguished road

I have the D120's I have 3 over a 72x20x20 tank and the corals love it and grow like mad. Just be sure to set them low and slowly ramp up, I burned out a few corals when I first got them.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:37 AM

garwood is on a distinguished road

hi, any news on those new lights. getting close to the time for buying lights and i am thinking the 2080 for a 36l x x24wx 20h tank. think this is good size? thanx
Old 12-24-2014, 12:40 AM

garwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
Not really discontinued, they just have so much output for the area that they cover that they never really caught on. Each one put out i think 240watts and covers around 24"x36" which is quite alot more light then almost anyone with a tank less then 4ft deep needs. SO as opposed to getting one and running it at 20-30% most people would rather get one that is more spread out and can run in a higher range and also cover more area for the same $.

I think the 2012 is perfect fize for a 5ft tank and can be used on 4ft if you don't mind a bit of spillage over the sides of tank.

Yes there is a new light with some cool options coming down the pipe. But they have been working on it about a year now and it keeps getting pushed back every time they find a new option to add or internal component that can be better. SO i don't expect to see them for at least 3-6months. When they are finalizing the new design i should get one around a month ahead of time and will run it to see how it goes and let everyone know it is getting close at that point.

I will email you the layout when i am back in office later and for now you can just check the product listing as it should have the layout (at least color wise and # of what color). Will send exact layout so you can see where everything sits when i get a chance today.

Hope this helps.
hi, any news on those new lights. getting close to the time for buying lights and i am thinking the 2080 for a 36l x x24wx 20h tank. think this is good size? thanx
Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Wife's Christmas present

I just ordered the Evergrow IT2060 programmable fixture from Reefsupplies.ca . I think it's the best bang for the buck. The warranty is 3 years and all handled in Canada, no oversea shipping if you have an issue.

http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-st...-24-Light.html

I will post some pictures once I get it and set it up. I'm putting it over my 33 gallon fun tank should work well.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:37 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

How's the new lights ? I'm thinking of going with the evergrow!
Old 02-24-2015, 03:50 AM

navbc is on a distinguished road
Default ever grow d120

Does any one know any other suppliers in Canada carries d120 controllable led as reefsupply.ca don't have it in stock thanks