Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 PM

Lampshade is on a distinguished road

I love my iPhone, I HATE apple.

I had a 3G, my first phone to last a full contract in 12 years. It was beaten, abused and teethed on by 2 babies. It survived. I"m a very technical person, and played with lots of other phones... but my iPhone just works. I use it way too much, i'm the guy you see sitting there giggling at his phone while life goes on around me. It's never failed me. And i'm yet to find something i wish my phone did, that others can do. after 3 years my 3G still held a charge for 2 days even with my extensive use, and most BB/Galaxy's can't do that from the start, so a replaceable battery seemed useless to me. The reason i got rid of the 3G? my contract was up and it was my birthday... so... 4G!. my Wife now uses the 3G.

As for dropping and stuff, my 3G had a simple rubber case (not an otter case, i have that on my 4g though). It has dropped from a 2nd story window to a wood deck, fell in the toilet, my toddler's thrown the thing arcoss the room more than once, chewed on by him as a baby, and now his younger brother (there's apps for that... lol). And I've dropped it from sitting an unknown amount of times, I've become a very fidgety person since quitting smoking last year, so it tend to drop things lots while playing with them. No screen protector and only one fine scratch on the screen that you can only see in a reflection while it is a black screen.

And for the otter case, get the otter commuter, it's small. the otter outdoor one is massive. I have the commuter on my 4G and so far like it.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
I love my iPhone, I HATE apple.

I had a 3G, my first phone to last a full contract in 12 years. It was beaten, abused and teethed on by 2 babies. It survived. I"m a very technical person, and played with lots of other phones... but my iPhone just works. I use it way too much, i'm the guy you see sitting there giggling at his phone while life goes on around me. It's never failed me. And i'm yet to find something i wish my phone did, that others can do. after 3 years my 3G still held a charge for 2 days even with my extensive use, and most BB/Galaxy's can't do that from the start, so a replaceable battery seemed useless to me. The reason i got rid of the 3G? my contract was up and it was my birthday... so... 4G!. my Wife now uses the 3G.

As for dropping and stuff, my 3G had a simple rubber case (not an otter case, i have that on my 4g though). It has dropped from a 2nd story window to a wood deck, fell in the toilet, my toddler's thrown the thing arcoss the room more than once, chewed on by him as a baby, and now his younger brother (there's apps for that... lol). And I've dropped it from sitting an unknown amount of times, I've become a very fidgety person since quitting smoking last year, so it tend to drop things lots while playing with them. No screen protector and only one fine scratch on the screen that you can only see in a reflection while it is a black screen.

And for the otter case, get the otter commuter, it's small. the otter outdoor one is massive. I have the commuter on my 4G and so far like it.
The otter commuter is what I have, very sleak for a case. I like it!

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 10-28-2011, 08:50 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Clearly one would get the Galaxy S2
+1, Thats what I have as well, and I love it.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I get a free upgrade annually with our corp plan, so just the regular cost of the phone for 3 yr contract. The S2 was 159, sold my S for 175.
iPhone for new iPhone upgrade is free too. Just pay the 3 year term price and add 1 year to existing term
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
iPhone for new iPhone upgrade is free too. Just pay the 3 year term price and add 1 year to existing term
huh? My wife has an iphone, and on her retail plan, she has to have the phone for 30 months before she can upgrade without any extra charges. This is on Bell. My friend says her's is the same on Telus.
You're adding a year, so upgrading after 2 on existing contract? My option is for any phone, not android specific, if I had an iphone or BB, same thing. We get the annual upgrade as we have a lot of employees.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
huh? My wife has an iphone, and on her retail plan, she has to have the phone for 30 months before she can upgrade without any extra charges. This is on Bell. My friend says her's is the same on Telus.
ya tellus you can do a paid upgrade at any time but it goes like this.

you take the discount you recived so if you got a 599 buck phone for 99 with a 3 year deal and you have 24 months left on the contract you have to pay 333 bucks plus the new 3 year contract price of the new phone.

so this is what it would cost me to upgrade now. after 30 months they wave the upgrade fee. this used to be 24 months for a free upgrade.

its actualy more expensive to upgrade a Iphone as they are 200 bucks more than anything else to start.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 10-28-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I bought an iPhone on a whim because it felt like a nice product and I didn't have to do any research. Selection paralysis at the vendor had me pretty flustered.

"so what's the difference between the X5r42, the galaxy supernova, the blackberry flamethrowing STRGTX and the 4Gstt from whoever?"

"oh, this one has more ram but that one has a better touch screen, some people like the color options of the Sony Xperia better."

"isn't there one with better ram and touch screen?"

"yup, next month, there's a new phone from company x with all of those features"

"... wtf, why wouldn't they just release one uber phone with ALL the best features and call it a day?"

"these phones are all good."

"... Thanks for answering my question. How many models does the iPhone come in?"

"two"

"what's the diff?"

"one's 8 GB and the other is 16GB"

"do you have either in stock?"

"I only have the 16 GB"

"okay, good, I'll take that"

So yeah, problem solved.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 PM

Bloodasp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
But that cheap plastic toy *is* less likely to break if you drop it I think. My iPhone4 fell out of my pocket as I exited my car. Fell maybe 2 feet and entire back shattered. A phone made of glass... GENIOUS! To Apple's credit they did replace the glass for free. Guess there's a price to pay for sexy. Can't use acrylic because the people will complain about scratches lol.
Two blackberries, different models (i forgot what model they were) at my work were dropped accidentally ( not by me), it wasn't even 2 feet either and both won't even turn on after. BB's are as fragile or even more so I would say than Iphones.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:28 AM

Corbin is on a distinguished road

HAHAHAHAHA look what i have done, 5 pages later... im sorry for ruining your thread :P

now back to debating..
Old 10-29-2011, 02:56 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Well I must add my 2 cent just because I can.

I bought a 3GS about a yr ago, it was great for a few months then.........BAM........SIGNAL LOSS.....DROPPED CALLS......NOT RINGING AT ALL.

Anyways I was really getting sick of this whole situation so I finally decided to get a new phone & when the 4S came out I said what the hell....only because I know an owner of a Telus dealer I went to see him. Well after about an hour later & a few well placed calls by my friend I walked out with not 1 but 2 IPhone 4S for under $150.

So after a about a week now I am very happy with my new phone, no more lost signal, dropped calls or missed calls ( unless I want to miss them ) every other phone that has been in my house drops down to one bar in the basement and shop except mine, full bars and kickin a$$. Best phone I have ever owned, also have an otter box on it as its a necessity.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build