Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 08-20-2011, 06:13 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

If I could make a suggestion, as one who has had the 2 worst experiences this year that I have had in 10+ years reefing, I would advise you to hang on to the tank and stuff. You will regret it{selling} after a bit of time. I lost a total of 24 fish and a few corals and I was angry, sick and very frustrated at the hobby and myself. All that said, I went through a cool down and rethink period and my one tank is looking great again and I am even thinking about resetting up the other small one in the near future. This hobby definately has its highs and lows. Take your time, don't be in a hurry to give up, it takes a bit...Don't get too bummed out about it, take it slow and breathe a bit. Hang on to the tank and give it a while and then reset it up. Ato's are great and a must, I have one and they do work. Remember hind-sight is always 20/20 and there isn't anybody on this forum or any other one that hasn't lost something in this hobby that hurts a bunch. I hope you reconsider selling your set-up...but good luck either way.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:42 PM

Jaro is on a distinguished road

If you are still looking to sell, I might want to buy some stuff.

call/text 403-613-3953
Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 PM

parkinsn is on a distinguished road

Just saw this..... Sorry to hear Kelly. You should hang on to your stuff for a later date. Your not getting what you put into it. You will look back on this and laugh, we have all left the RO running. Simple mistake, you dont want to have to start over when you decide to get back in.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 PM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road

Oh it's killing me. Hubby is more than willing to invest into the tank to make sure we have the bells and whistles to help prevent this from happening again. Its absolutely heart breaking after all the work we've done, and all those who've helped us put it together.

I'm so upset with this whole thing, I honestly cannot get myself to do this. For now, the tank is going to stay in storage until I spend more time at home and I can physically see the tank and stay there with it.

Jaro appreciate your interest. IF I were to still sell it, it would be everything as a whole, not pieces-as per the add description.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM

DisneyCoralReef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinsn View Post
Just saw this..... Sorry to hear Kelly. You should hang on to your stuff for a later date. Your not getting what you put into it. You will look back on this and laugh, we have all left the RO running. Simple mistake, you dont want to have to start over when you decide to get back in.
Oh you're not kidding Scott. I cried for a solid 2 weeks I was so upset. Hubby is saying to get the automatic top off and whatever else is needed to help control those types of issues from happening again. But you're right Scott. It makes me so upset to even think about selling it-that I think we are going to leave it in storage and bring it back out in a few months, at least when the condo is rebuild...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM

Bloodasp is on a distinguished road

Good for you to decide to try to give it one more shot.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

kafug is on a distinguished road

what i was thinking of doing on my tank build is waterproofing the bottom 12 or so inches of my stand as long as i have enough room to squeeze in my sump. It might not hold all the water( 20-30 gallons) but it will hold quite a bit. Better then it all ending on the floor. Just my
Old 10-12-2011, 04:56 AM

Money pit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafug View Post
what i was thinking of doing on my tank build is waterproofing the bottom 12 or so inches of my stand as long as i have enough room to squeeze in my sump. It might not hold all the water( 20-30 gallons) but it will hold quite a bit. Better then it all ending on the floor. Just my
OK just thinking out load and this probably makes no sense, But how about running a drain from your waterproof stand to your sump?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 AM

bryceschutte is on a distinguished road

Did you know that most insurance plans cover you leaving a tap on.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 PM

Blom is on a distinguished road

lol it happens. I too am in a condo for now, and I too left the RO running. Flooded the bathroom out, I was just lucky that it didnt flood the people below me out. Lesson learned, fill RO in bathtub!!

28G JBJ Cube Last Tank

Seriously shopping around for a new tank