Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 AM

robbie is on a distinguished road
Smile Bashsea twisted skimmer

Hello all I just purchased a bashsea twisted skimmer 6-24 and was compelled to sign up and post. This thing is a great piece of equipment. My last skimmer was an omega 150 (which is a good skimmer as well) but it is nowhere near as good as this bashsea product. I paired it with a sicce syncra 5.0. It is quieter than my omega was and it can be internal or external (I mounted mine externally). After less than 2 days it was pulling huge amounts of skimmate with a large foam head. Between its build quality and function its awesome. One thing I should mention though is the drain fitting on the collection cup cant be plugged (its not optional), it is needed for air, so you will have to use a vented collection cup of some sort. Bashsea makes one but I made my own with an old phosban reactor I had laying around and a pump stopper kit from aquahub. Anyways there isnt a lot of information on these things so I thought I would post a review.

Thanks
Happy reefing
Old 02-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Very cool! I've seen these at MACNA before and they looked like a company with some very different ideas.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:34 PM

hondas3000 is on a distinguished road

I never heard of it names before but it sure looks good when I google it. Where did you get your from?
Old 02-21-2017, 05:50 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Are they affiliated with Precision Marine? The design looks like a slightly upgraded Bullet now with a bubble plate and that helical chamber below the injector.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondas3000 View Post
I never heard of it names before but it sure looks good when I google it. Where did you get your from?
You know I just when online and bought it. To be honest its tough to find in Canada. It took a while to get to me. Once I made the choice to get it I have been totally surprised and happy. The unusual thing is there isn't much info on these skimmers. Theres lots of photos and lots of people who have "seen" them but no real reviews. That's why I posted, this is well worth it
Old 02-22-2017, 01:23 AM

They are not affiliated with precision marine. Bashsea has been making custom tanks for years and have entered the commercial market a few years back now but aren't mainstream like vertex and so on as far as I know but I do have limited knowledge of that

Last edited by robbie; 02-22-2017 at 01:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:41 AM

Default Update

Alright well its been a few months now since I started using my bashsea skimmer. All I can say is this skimmer is a total machine. My original post was after 2 days of using it and it seems to have gotten better and better as time goes on. My only problem (and its a good one) is it pulls so much skimate I have to remove the collection cup and clean the Crap out of it on a very regular basis. It still has been quiet and my home made remote collection cup with the use of the aqua hub pump stopper kit has worked very well. Not only does it stop the skimmer if I get lazy and it fills but a quick shake of the cup shuts the skimmer down so I can easily work on the skimmer. Then a quick push of a button and its up and running again. Anyways cheers and good luck everyone

Tags
bashsea, skimmer, skimmer recommendations, twisted skimmer