Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Bell made me an offer

So bell made me an offer today

Switch out my Iphone4 for the Blackberry z10 no fees added just pay cancellation of $80 bucks left owing on contract I am seriously considering it I like the new z10 touch screen but still don't know many who do have it I do like the iPhone though and padded with my iPad though combo to beat only major complaint is hate the fact of no flash player on iPhone or iPad and no I won't jailbreak the phone.

So those of you who have had both phones what are your opinions on them pluses/negatives
Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

I don't think flash is a big issue anymore. Even android ditched flash because of issues of draining batteries faster. HTML 5 is getting into the market very quickly so flash will be history within a year or so. Plus very few websites are there which uses flash and doesn't have dedicated mobile page.

And I would take Z10 any day over iphone but not android...but then again, I am biased :P

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 08-28-2013, 04:37 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

I'd be concerned about e-mail security with the Blackberry, but I'm only going on hearsay
Old 08-28-2013, 04:42 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Personally for me Blackberry would be to iffy for me, one minute they are booming, next minute next to bankruptcy & now possibly for sale. Apple will be around a lot longer then blackberry.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 AM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

Do you have an iPad? If you do then just stick with the same Eco system. That way you don't have to re buy apps.

The other issue (May be for you , or not) are the apps. If you like vast choices then the apple Eco system wins simply because there are so many users and developers go to where there are the most users who buy apps. (Yes there are many Android users but many apps have to be free because Android users are less likely to pay for apps.

I haven't used the z10 extensively, however a few fellow staff members have them and we always have to do something special for them to join the work network. It isn't standard. (We run a Ruckus system for those interested).
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 PM

Aikidoka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo View Post
Do you have an iPad? If you do then just stick with the same Eco system. That way you don't have to re buy apps.

The other issue (May be for you , or not) are the apps. If you like vast choices then the apple Eco system wins simply because there are so many users and developers go to where there are the most users who buy apps. (Yes there are many Android users but many apps have to be free because Android users are less likely to pay for apps.

I haven't used the z10 extensively, however a few fellow staff members have them and we always have to do something special for them to join the work network. It isn't standard. (We run a Ruckus system for those interested).
+1
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road

For flash sites just down load this app........ photon flash its not brilliant but at least it plays the stuff the ipad/phone cant.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.