Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-30-2016, 07:36 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road
Default Mixed Feelings With Bad Experience

Just wanted to write about a bad experience I had on here recently. Ended up buying 4 Ecotech Radion G3 Pros from a member here. The person was very genuine, helpful, and excellent to deal with the whole way through. After receiving the lights I realized that they weren't G3 Pros though, they were just G3's. I realize the difference is minimal but I have a 30" deep SPS tank and that's not what I thought I was buying. On top of that though, 3 of them were actually G2's that had been upgraded to G3's. So a lot older than what I was expecting too.

When I contacted the seller they didn't realize they weren't Pros or that they used to be G2's either. I do believe the person because they've always had a good reputation here but I still can't help but feel a little ripped off still to a certain degree. They were also mad that they purchased these lights as G3 pros from a friend of theirs, and they apologized for not realizing it before they sold them to me. I appreciate the apology, and I appreciate the fact they purchased the lights under false pretenses as well but that still doesn't do anything for me in my situation and when I asked if they'd be willing to do anything, they just said sorry but they couldn't.

Now I understand that it's always buyer beware when buying anything used but this isn't the kind of behavior I would expect from someone that's always had a good name on this board. Am I being a bit too sensitive or would this make you nuts too? Just had to talk it out rather than stew on it like I have been. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

I think you are 100% right in what you said, and kudos for not going on a rampage naming names and so forth.

I think there seller should either give you a partial refund, or take them back (your expense for shipping) and try to re-sell them (labelled correctly)

Just my opinions on the 'right" thing to do. Good luck
Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 PM

Tyfighter is on a distinguished road

I agree with Jordan completely, way to be the bigger man and not calling people out publicly especially when reeling is a pretty small community
I don't think you are out of line to ask for a partial refund or he just buys them back from you. It's not your fault his friend did whatever to them. You paid for something and didn't get it.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

that is shady as hell, that's all I can say... at least give something in return... grrrr!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 PM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

This is the main reason I to avoid used products. You never really get what you expect. Whether the seller is honest or dishonest. But I can say one thing. KARMA is a bitch.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:34 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

G2's and G3's look different. The seller knew they had different models.

I upgraded one of my G2's to a G3 and when repgramming them, the G2 always lags and I have to redo the programming sometimes.

I'd ask for your money back and they can resell them for what they really are. If they refuse again, make their name public to warn others. Maybe they have a good reputation because others are worried about going public as well.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:40 PM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Old 03-30-2016, 09:27 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be happy either. The seller should take the back and re-sell them as what they actually are.

If you do want to keep them then perhaps a bit of a break on the price should be a possibility.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:33 PM

Part of me is hoping he sees this and uses some of the money from the other stuff he's selling to refund me some of the money. That's the right thing to do in my opinion.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:35 PM

Starting to question if he did know they were G2's upgraded to G3's and not Pros all along too. One of them was sent away for repair to Reef Wholesale while it was in his possession. You'd think the company that repaired the unit would notify him if it was a G3 or G3 Pro. The 4th Radion I got from him too, he said he got it off a friend of his. This unit was a G3 at least but I find it hard to believe his friend didn't know it was a G3 Pro either. Way too much inconsistency here for my liking.