Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM

Beanz is on a distinguished road

idk i dont really want clowns cause that seems to b the norm for nanos, they look nice and all but i want something different maybe a green clown goby and ill c if one of the LFS her in calgay can get a red scooter on frozen for me. i could try that and if he starts to fade ill pop him into my 45 cause it has a bunch o pods and a fuge. or maybe just a goby and blenny and some inverts. what are some inverts that wont go after eachother in this small of a tank? and what do would be a good CUC for this tank???????? will blue hermies work they have nice colors and are nice and compact (r they known to pick at corals at all?)

Cheers, Ian
Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 AM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Yeah the Red Scooter I wouldn't put in a 10 gallon. Mine at mysis at the store, as soon as he went into my tank he wouldn't touch the stuff.

Blue hermits are ok for a cuc for a tank this small and won't bother the corals. Maybe a cleaner shrimp or something of that sort aswell.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:26 AM

ok good to know about the red scooter. i think ill try the blue hermits and maybe a blood shrimp cause they sooooo sick and i already have a skunk in my 45. maybe a pom pom wouldn't b out of the question haha. i think ill try to get a flaming prawn goby if i can get my hands on one havent seem em' in stores and they r expensive in the internet so i might get one in a little bit when im sure my tank is stable. and maybe a tail spot blenny cause they have a lot of personality. I'll have a couple days to decide i guess i might go on the weekend and pick something up and c what the LFS has for ATO's.

Cheers, Ian

Last edited by Beanz; 12-19-2010 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:14 AM

ok so i got the JBJ Viper K-2 from loberterboy aka john (thanks a ton man). And it looks absolutely stunning over top of the lil 10g the shimmer is amazing with that spraybar. i also went to RC cause well... i wanted to hahaha and picked up 5 lil hermies and a blood shrimp who went berserk when i basted some mysis his way. o and i finally managed to pull a crab from my 45 i think its a porcelain crab but i dont know and i dont wanna put him in the tank and find him eating corals when i get them and never catch him. so could i plz get an ID on him he has kinda feather thingies that he pulls towards his mouth and one big right claw and hes kinda purple with maroon spots. i will post a pic as well as the tank with rocks. o and if the crab is reef safe would i b able to add a pom pom down the road without fighting. and yes yes i know in the shots of my tank u can see the pvc holding the big plate up but im gonna try and cover them up with some LR so it doesnt look like ............. poop

well idk y but when i try to put a link in the box to post a pic from photobucket it just comes up as like a brocken picture or some thing (sigh) anyways here's the link for the album.
wow lol the pics look kiinda blurry sorry i guess the light is too bright
http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/...0w%20and%20LR/

Cheers, Ian

Last edited by Beanz; 12-19-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 AM

hey guys since i have the tank up and running and have the livestock in there (excluding corals) that i want. which consists of 5 small hermits, a blood shrimp, and a tail spot blenny. so now i have some questions about dosing. what would b the best type of dosing for this small of a tank? could this be done by having a solution in a bucket below the tank and hook up an ATO and make the solution with the correct amt of water and calcium and alk, lost every day. Would this work? or should i just use another salt (using instant ocean right now, what is a good salt if i chose to do this?) and do water changes every week, or add something calcium, and alk. or something???????? to the water that i am replacing? i would appreciate some info.

Cheers, Ian

Last edited by Beanz; 12-19-2010 at 04:40 AM.