Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 AM

Beanz is on a distinguished road
Default 10 gallon nano reef build

Hi all just thought that since I'm starting up this new 10 gallon tank that i would post my progress. I have already siliconed some acrylic in place for the skimmer to b housed and some LR the filter cheato and the return pump with a spray bar. I thought that this little compartment would b handy for the skimmer cause then i dont have to keep adding water every day, especially if i got on vacation or am not here for a couple days, casue the tank water overflows into the first chamber and that level will always b the same (also providing good flow into the skimmer). Then it will flow into the second part where the LR and cheato will be located so that will b good flow over the LR and through the cheato for some good biological filtration. Anyways the equipment that i plan on using consists of:

This stuff i already have laying around
10 gallon tank
Oceanic biocube protien skimmer
Wal-Mart HOB filter
Koralia nano powerhead
Quiet-One 1200

For lighting (maybe a nice Christmas present hint hint parents )
JBJ 70w K-2 Viper HQI

A question I have for u guys is do u think I'll need a chiller with this light. I have never used MH's before only T5s on my 45. I was planning on having the light high enough to cover the whole tank with light so would this not cause the tank to heat up a lot???

I gotta go tho so ill post some pics of the tank tomorrow. Maybe add some LR from my 45, sand and water. Hopefully the silicon will b dry.

Cheers, Ian

Last edited by Beanz; 12-08-2010 at 05:47 AM.