Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 PM

msjboy is on a distinguished road

Aren't guns an expensive hobby too? The cost of a hi calibre bullet is a buck a shot? I remember shooting a shot gun at target clay pidgeons, your semi-auto 22 rifle & a 303 - boy that 303 was ever loud. Certainly fun and beats pellet guns and paint ball.

I assume you go to the burnaby range.

msjboy
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 PM

scubadawg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Nothing makes you a bigger target than posting your restricted and prohibited gun inventory on a public site, just saying.

I have my restricted but never bought anything, would like to get into it but the gun laws here make it pretty pointless for me right now.
They're trigger locked, then locked in a 350 pound gun safe, and the house has central monitored alarm.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:45 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadawg View Post
They're trigger locked, then locked in a 350 pound gun safe, and the house has central monitored alarm.
And hopefully there's no dirtbags on this site casing out our stuff
Old 10-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
And hopefully there's no dirtbags on this site casing out our stuff
Dirtbags, normally cannot afford to setup a saltwater system
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

Here's mine:

PEW PEW, PEW PEW!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:44 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Excuse my ignorance of the law with regards to guns, but why does it make it pointless ? Also, did you get the licenses intending to buy restricted firearms but just never got around to it or did you discover after you got the license that the hurdles in actually owning guns was greater than anticipated ? Just curious.
With restricted firearms you're first of all limited to only being able to use them at a range which is fine. However you can only transport said firearm directly to the range and then directly back home. You can't for example throw it in your truck and drive to work if you think you might hit a range at lunch or after work. You also need to maintain range memberships and records to prove you use such firearms for such purpose, so even just keeping one locked up and never using it is actually not allowed. So for me the laws are too restrictive to my current needs, I can't commit to being able to frequently visit the range and do so by only going directly there and back home considering I live out of town, too much hassle if you know what I mean. Now I'm aware many violate this but that's not something I really want to do.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:49 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadawg View Post
Yes which is to be expected, two locks minimum by law. That really doesn't stop people from trying, it's the trying act you need to be concerned about. Don't get me wrong I'm super jealous of your grandfathered licence but still think people that make there possession of such public knowledge is not just foolish but immature as well.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
With restricted firearms you're first of all limited to only being able to use them at a range which is fine. However you can only transport said firearm directly to the range and then directly back home. You can't for example throw it in your truck and drive to work if you think you might hit a range at lunch or after work. You also need to maintain range memberships and records to prove you use such firearms for such purpose, so even just keeping one locked up and never using it is actually not allowed. So for me the laws are too restrictive to my current needs, I can't commit to being able to frequently visit the range and do so by only going directly there and back home considering I live out of town, too much hassle if you know what I mean. Now I'm aware many violate this but that's not something I really want to do.
Thanks for the info. That does sound kinda annoying.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I used to shoot 105mm howitzers, does that count? The C7 and C9 machine guns were a lot fun too, especially at night with tracer rounds in the mag.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I used to shoot 105mm howitzers, does that count? The C7 and C9 machine guns were a lot fun too, especially at night with tracer rounds in the mag.

Size Matters