Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

I too have never had a problem. But unfortunately thats the cost of the hobby. $100 is nothing when it comes to the cost of reefing. One day you'll get to the point where you only test your parameters by judging the looks of your corals.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I too have never had a problem. But unfortunately thats the cost of the hobby. $100 is nothing when it comes to the cost of reefing. One day you'll get to the point where you only test your parameters by judging the looks of your corals.
Yap $100 is nothing for reefing. But its $100 for three test kits that's too much for me I can spend that money for the hobby ofcourse but when I spend $100 for something, I look for the quality too. I could have spend $60 to get all the test kits from red sea which are also accurate and very very well built to stand the chemicals it works with. I am very very disappointed

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM

phi delt reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Yap $100 is nothing for reefing. But its $100 for three test kits that's too much for me I can spend that money for the hobby ofcourse but when I spend $100 for something, I look for the quality too. I could have spend $60 to get all the test kits from red sea which are also accurate and very very well built to stand the chemicals it works with. I am very very disappointed
i've had the same issue with the syringes but i'll stick to salifert (elos is too expensive. I was able to find replacement syringes locally through a local reefer.

On ebay you can order these;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-MVI-Oral-S...#ht_500wt_1414

the pink tips should fit these syringes (referred to as a Leur slip tip).

Alternatively you can check your local pharmacist/vet to see if they have any ORAL syringes they can give you. They give them to parents who have to give babies/young children medication.

I put some clear tape over the numbers on my syringe (as per suggestions from other reefers) and it seems to hold up well to washing and cleaning.

these syringes were designed for one time use - not 50-100 use. I think salifert should provide an extra syringe with their kits or at least clear coat them so they last the life of the kit. It is what it is and the replacements only cost a couple bucks. Once you tape the numbers they should be good for a long time.

hope that helps.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the link. I have been searching for this syringe but couldn't find the higher division scale like the one in the link.

And yah I also thought about putting on tapes over the markings too. Good to know that its a regular practice haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi delt reefer View Post
i've had the same issue with the syringes but i'll stick to salifert (elos is too expensive. I was able to find replacement syringes locally through a local reefer.

On ebay you can order these;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-MVI-Oral-S...#ht_500wt_1414

the pink tips should fit these syringes (referred to as a Leur slip tip).

Alternatively you can check your local pharmacist/vet to see if they have any ORAL syringes they can give you. They give them to parents who have to give babies/young children medication.

I put some clear tape over the numbers on my syringe (as per suggestions from other reefers) and it seems to hold up well to washing and cleaning.

these syringes were designed for one time use - not 50-100 use. I think salifert should provide an extra syringe with their kits or at least clear coat them so they last the life of the kit. It is what it is and the replacements only cost a couple bucks. Once you tape the numbers they should be good for a long time.

hope that helps.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob