Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 08-20-2011, 04:11 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

The best way to save money is to decide exactly what you want, research compatibility and care of the animals then make your final list and stick to it. You can find all sorts of good deals but if one of these "deals" kills the other fish or eats all the corals or invertebrates then it's just false economy. Resist the urge to buy something because it looks nice or is cheap without checking into it first and you can save a pile of cash and frustration. 90 gallons is a nice size and you can get a good variety of fish in there.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:59 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Ya, just plan well and that'll save you a bunch. I really like king Ed pets for getting me the fish I have trouble finding and they do it for a good price. JL alsways has a good mix of fish. OA will give you a pretty good steal now and them, keep an eye on them.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 AM

eisa is on a distinguished road
Default that's awesome

Thank you so much for your piece of advice, it's amazing to get opinions from experienced guyz,
That is a motivation by itself & to be honest it's easy to shell out cash for a lot's of ppl & not for lot's of ppl too... m patient & will look for deals... but I would love to stp by & check out your stuff.... Thanks for the invite..

Thank you again

Isa Q
Old 08-20-2011, 06:13 PM

JTang is on a distinguished road

I have 2 large (2'') green chromis to spare. They are the first fish in my 120gal. Take both for $5.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

If you're ever in the Kamloops area, sick lid would be a good source for fish, he breeds a number of species. He put up a couple of posts recently and will deliver to Vernon/Kelowna, not Burnaby though, I reckon.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=77839

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...threadid=77841

Last edited by mike31154; 08-21-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
The best way to save money is to decide exactly what you want, research compatibility and care of the animals then make your final list and stick to it. You can find all sorts of good deals but if one of these "deals" kills the other fish or eats all the corals or invertebrates then it's just false economy. Resist the urge to buy something because it looks nice or is cheap without checking into it first and you can save a pile of cash and frustration. 90 gallons is a nice size and you can get a good variety of fish in there.
Amen