Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Large Pair Blue Throat Trigger F/S - Coquitlam

It is with a very heavy heart that I find myself having to sell my pair of Blue Throat Triggers. These are excellent reef compatible and social fish, but the male (in particular) is too hard on my acrylic tank.

Male is just slightly larger than the female, and is likely 6". They need a large (300+ gallon), GLASS tank...reef or fish-only.

These fish eat anything you feed including formula one/two pellets and any kind of frozen food. Both appear to be in perfect health. Male will bite fingers, but will not bite hands or arms.

$175 for the pair. Interested people please provide tank details. Local pickup only. Please understand if it takes me some time to catch them...

400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 02-29-2008, 12:12 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man thats too bad you have to sell

They are so gorgeous! If I had a big enough tank I would have loved to give them a good home. Hope you find someone...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:14 AM

ferret is on a distinguished road
Smile blue throat trigger pair for sale

Hi Untamed,

200gal fowlr + 40 gal sump is it too small for these trigger pair. Existing fishes I have in this glass tank are : 2 yellowfin breams @7" long, one white surf bream 9" long, 3 french grunts @ 4 -5 " long plus a small grey angel and one porkfish. Any idea ?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Hi Untamed,

200gal fowlr + 40 gal sump is it too small for these trigger pair. Existing fishes I have in this glass tank are : 2 yellowfin breams @7" long, one white surf bream 9" long, 3 french grunts @ 4 -5 " long plus a small grey angel and one porkfish. Any idea ?
Whoa! Do you realize how big Yellowfin Bream get??? When I was in Eastern Australia last year and these are common fish at markets and are often over 2' !

Sorry I don't mean to take over the thread but those bad boys get enormous...Sounds like a cool tank though
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 AM

ferret is on a distinguished road

Hi Greenspottedpuffer,

To my knowledge and experience, yellowfin breams seldom reach over 20" in length however, their relative the white surf bream can reach up to 30" long.
To me, the yellowfin bream are very smart and clever when I do the fishing in Hong Kong i.e. they can play tricks with you.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Hi Untamed,

Sounds like they would be the smallest fish your tank! I'm going to let the advertisement sit there for a while and see what options are presented. I would like to find a home larger than 200 gallon.

Brad.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 AM

kaitie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kaitie

we have a tank thats about 350. i'll ask my boyfriend if he is intrested, are they a breeding pair or just buddies?
Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie View Post
we have a tank thats about 350. i'll ask my boyfriend if he is intrested, are they a breeding pair or just buddies?
Im sure Brad can answer this for you but as far as I know, they do not breed in aquariums. In the wild they go to deep waters to breed.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie View Post
Buddies?....I would say that they tolerate one another. No, they don't breed. There's good natured chasing every now and then.

Of course, if you want to see them "live", just tune in...

https://brads-aquarium.viewnetcam.com:50000

Last edited by untamed; 02-29-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Brad,
I'm interested
370G+90G sump
Current tank mates. Naso, Cheveron, Orange shoulder, Sailfin Tangs, Foxface, & and nasty little hawk fish