Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-09-2018, 04:12 AM

BCTugboat is on a distinguished road
Default LF Dwarf Seahorses (H. Zosterae)

Hey all, I'm new to Canreef, in the Surrey area. Part of me coming on here was to see if I could get some help locating Dwarf Seahorses. Fish Addicts has told me they cant bring them in, J&L said theyd see if they could help but havent gotten back to me just yet. I'm not in any big rush, but I'd like to start putting some more leads together for now at least. Ive got a 3.5 gallon Pico set up for them, havent gotten my brine shrimp culture going yet. So if anyone has or knows someone who has any breeding Dwarves and some extra fry, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks for any help in advance
Old 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

Good Luck with your search. I know of no one anymore.
Their short lifespan coupled with the fact they stop producing as they age means it's difficult to keep a dwarf setup long term.
Now, even in the US, the numbers of dwarf sourcing is very limited because of possible government regulations that will make it illegal to source from the wild, meaning that sustainable dwarf populations will become problematic without being able to renew the genetic pools.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:03 AM

BCTugboat is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the quick reply, I wasnt sure if I'd get any bites here! Thats definitely not my favourite thing to hear but I'll have to keep searching regardless. Hopefully someone else comes along this post with some more info (or some Fry in a perfect world!)

Tags
british columbia, dwarf, pico, seahorses, vancouver