Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Photography

Old 10-27-2014, 06:52 AM

foginho is on a distinguished road
Default Videography: Does anyone have a set up worthy?

Ive been into this hobby for quite some time now and I've enjoyed it very much on and off now for the last 16 years. Ive been doing mostly mixed saltwater tanks. Im not an expert, by far, but I've been around the block and understand a few things about the hobby which brings me to the actual question:

Does anyone have a set up worth doing a 2-3min professional documentary style video to be used as a demo reel?

I am a pro videographer that would like to offer my services to someone willing to put in the time to explain their system/tank set up, on film and is comfortable doing so. There is no discrimination of size of tank or complexity. i would like to hear from everyone interested and see if we could get something going. I would like to offer this service in the future and will need a proper demo reel for advertising to other reef aquarists, aquarium shops (commercial for their company) maybe you just have a very good story about your tank that is very interesting.

My company is currently filming my tank build at the moment(for demo purposes) and would like to expand to other aquarists out there and see if there is anyone interested. The tank build is a biocube 14 that my tattoo artist bought for me as a birthday gift that i will be resurrecting after spending 3 years in storage. I, myself, enjoy watching everyones videos weather it is a still video or tutorials or even just a highlight reel of saltwater tanks as i find them very intriguing and educational.

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time in reading this post and i hope to hearing from fellow hobbyists soon. Ive seen many amazing tanks and setups in my time and they should be shared. If you would like more information on our company and the services we provide please pm me and i will send you our website details to view our past projects.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Gold Member

Tn23 is on a distinguished road

That's a great idea. It's really awesome of you to offer that kind of service to some of the locals. We are about to host a frag swap very soon. Perhaps you could come out and shoot some footage for others that cannot attend
Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 PM

Default frag swap

when and where is it held and how do i get invited? The equipment might be a little intimidating though so id like to let people know cause i don't want anyone to get spooked by some creepy guy with a camera. it looks far from that but most people aren't comfortable being on camera and everyone is paranoid these days that big brother is watching. just a warning ahead of time from experience.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

I'm sure that's fine. Just don't get in the way when everyone's trying to snag their favourite frags lol.

Here's a link and some photos from last event.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=109994
Old 10-30-2014, 05:01 AM

Default frag swap

hey Salty! not sure if you received my reply. been a while since I've been on this so not sure if i did it right. lmk thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 10:39 PM
Gold Member

Hey foginho. I didn't get a message from you. However you could just send me a text at 6042188429 . I think that'll be easier for you.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:14 AM

Default FRAG SWAP VIDEO

video from the frag swap ... enjoy.

http://mantarei.com/2014/11/aquaman/
Old 11-13-2014, 05:35 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Cool video! Thanks for sharing. But wait, were they playing BADMINTON at the frag swap???
Old 11-13-2014, 05:41 AM
Vendor

eli@fijireefrock.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Cool video! Thanks for sharing. But wait, were they playing BADMINTON at the frag swap???
I think they were doing all kinds of wet things out there cannot wait for the next one as I am going there with my speedos,jumping from tank to beer...
Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Love the frag swap video! I saw some people I know - now they're famous!

SPS fanatic.

Tags
documentary, photo, photography, video, videography