Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Central Alberta Aquarium Club

Old 06-14-2009, 05:17 PM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road
Post Welcome to the Central Alberta Aquarium Club

Welcome To the CAAC forum
Thank you Christy for opening this forum for us

We will be using this forum to notify everyone of upcoming events, for polls and other CAAC activities.
Feel free to post in this forum, it is open to all

Central Alberta Aquarium Club

*can a mod please sticky this when they have time?

Last edited by sharuq1; 06-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:50 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

This sounds like a cool idea. Are there already a bunch of members? Even though I live in Edmonton could I join? How does it work? I like the BBQ idea, I would drive out there (Red Deer, I'm guessing) for that. LMK Thanks

Last edited by fishoholic; 06-14-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Malibu is on a distinguished road
Default question...

Hi! I was just wondering how I can join the club? I live in Red Deer. Where and when does the club meet?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 PM

Anyone can join, anyone can come to the meetings and the BBQ.

There is a registration form available (just email Jim Sayers at jsayers@shaw.ca). For the moment there is no fee to join, but this could change some time down the line due to costs for group activities. I am not entirely sure how many members we have (Jim would likely know) but I'm guessing it's around 10-15 at the moment although attendance has not been all that great.

The club meets the first Sunday at 7pm with location TBA (sometimes we go to different members house so we can see their tanks and stuff). You can pm me or e-mail/call Jim for addresses if needed. The regular meetings are on hiatus until September due to everyone being out and about for summer.

We've had one member come forward to offer their place for the BBQ, however I don't have his contact info. yet because he is not on Canreef.

Jim Sayers is the creator and defacto leader of the group, so if I keep alluding to him that's why.

Edit: I have been unable to get a hold of Jim Sayers via the e-mail address above. He is having some family issues and may not be able to help with the club for some time. If you want to join up please send me a pm with your name, phone no. and e-mail address and I will place you on the mailing list I have going.

As of Nov. 20/2009--please see last post, things have changed a bit

Last edited by sharuq1; 11-20-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:15 PM

If you would like to join our mailing list for news on upcoming events or just to stay in touch, please pm me your e-mail

Cheers
Kelly
CAAC
Old 06-25-2009, 06:01 PM

yeahitsgotahemi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yeahitsgotahemi
Default Interested in Joining

Hey, i would like to join your club!!! emails

Yeahitsgotahemii@hotmail.com
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 PM

yeahitsgotahemi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to yeahitsgotahemi
Default Is The Club In Operation?

Hey, Just wondering but is this club up and running? Ive seen a few posts with different dates and times and whatnot. Is there anything going on for this month?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:41 PM

Meetings are on hiatus until September. We are planning a BBQ for July or August (likely Aug), location and time yet TBA. I added you to the contact list. Please email Jim Sayers to fill out a registration form jsayers@shaw.ca As of Nov. 20--Strike that--please see edit.

Edit: Edit: I have been unable to get a hold of Jim Sayers via the e-mail address above. He is having some family issues and may not be able to help with the club for some time. If you want to join up please send me a pm with your name, phone no. and e-mail address and I will place you on the mailing list I have going.

Further Edit: Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control regular meetings have been put on hold until further notice. We will still be doing social events (dinner/private tank tours) as well as group trips to upcoming events (such as the CAS auction) if there is enough interest. E-mails will be sent out to club members to gauge interest. To anyone willing to help put together a meeting or event your help is absolutely welcomed! PM me if you'd like to organize any kind of event.

Last edited by sharuq1; 11-20-2009 at 05:55 PM.