Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-24-2017, 01:51 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Instead of deleting the Spybot folder, go into your control panel and find "Programs" and then "Uninstall a program", then find Spybot on the list. That will remove all parts of it. You can use the same window to also remove any of these other programs you've installed, and any junk that came with it (like various navigation bars that get installed into your browser...those P me off). If you sort the list by date you'll be able to see everything you installed in the last few months easily.

SPS fanatic.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:02 PM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

I hate to tell you this but you are wrong as it doesn't remove everything.
As I had just mentioned, I UNINSTALLED Spybot using the Programs and Features part of settings and then noticed this Spybot pop up the next time I booted the computer. I then went to C and clicked on Programs and found a Spybot folder which I deleted and STILL the pop up wants me to re-install Spybot. I also checked Programs 86 but found nothing there.
Next, I went to registry editor but in there, I couldn't find a Spybot folder to be able to delete this "Post Windows 10 upgrade re-installer for Spybot-Search and Destroy"
I've also found nothing using the Cortana feature.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:16 AM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

That shouldn't happen with Spybot Search & Destroy. There may have been a failed upgrade happening at the same time that you were uninstalling it.
Can you find either of these programs and run them?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\unins000(.exe)

or

C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\unins000(.exe)

If not, can you find this folder?

C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy ?

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:21 AM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

No, none of those exist now. The only one I found after the uninstall was in Program Files but nothing in Program Files 86.
This problem stems from a safeguard Spybot put in so that after a Window 10 upgrade that didn't re-install Spybot, you would just click on the pop up to have it done.
I've now found a Spybot site page with instructions on what file to delete and hopefully now my problem will be solved. I deleted a Spybot file located in an AV file under common files in program files.
I sure wish cortana would have located this file for me when I was searching for anything with Spybot.
The information to remove the last remains of Spybot, if anyone else runs into this problem, can be found at:
https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...pybot-install/