Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Freshwater

Old 09-23-2009, 02:57 AM

PufferPuffer is on a distinguished road
Default Green terror fighting problem

ok i got 2 of them..1 of them is chasing the other one to hell...its like 24/7/365..like every 10 secs the aggressive one attacks..the other one got his fins bitten..i think its going to be bitten to death T_T
anyone know why??? any methods i can take for prevention??? tyvm i love u all
Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PufferPuffer View Post
ok i got 2 of them..1 of them is chasing the other one to hell...its like 24/7/365..like every 10 secs the aggressive one attacks..the other one got his fins bitten..i think its going to be bitten to death T_T
anyone know why??? any methods i can take for prevention??? tyvm i love u all
Good luck with this one, I had one years ago and could never keep anything else in the tank They are called green terror for a reason, very nice fish when they get larger. How big is the tank you have them in? Perhaps you could try a divider in the tank for awhile and ease them into cohabitation.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Keri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Good luck with this one, I had one years ago and could never keep anything else in the tank They are called green terror for a reason, very nice fish when they get larger. How big is the tank you have them in? Perhaps you could try a divider in the tank for awhile and ease them into cohabitation.

I agree on this one. A divider could help, but you might end up having to leave it in there forever. You *may* have some success with these two in a Very large tank well aquascaped with ample room for more territories but it sounds like they've got a pretty good hate-on going for eachother. Are they still juvenile?
If it was me I'd probably just pick the one I liked the most and rehome the other (or, get another tank! lol)
Good luck!