Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-02-2015, 01:44 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Thank you Brad for clarifying what the issue is and how this all works, it makes more sense. Pretty sure we all knew who you were referring to and what was going on. It's unfortunate that one person has forced this situation and created the drama for and on the board.

Sorry you had to turn to ice cream.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Essentially, instead of a million different For Sale posts by each seller, think of it as a Frag Sale Journal. It can go all year, add to it, bump it, etc. I can count on one hand the people that have more than 80 different pieces to post for sale. This is not a horrible thing, and I bet people end up liking it.

we really don't try to screw people over just for fun!!
Old 07-02-2015, 02:10 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Essentially, instead of a million different For Sale posts by each seller, think of it as a Frag Sale Journal. It can go all year, add to it, bump it, etc.
You know, if you would have stated this reason for the new rules and worded them to support this intent, I would not have objected. I actually prefer keeping a single thread going for a while with just bumps and occasional updates. Having said that, it was you, Brad, that once joked that I had the longest running frag FS thread going. So then I started doing more threads and shortening them... Can't win...

But I still have a problem with whining sponsors who come and go, and are just takers that don't contribute with knowledge and support.

And the Denny thing, whatever happened, could have been handled with PMs and a ban if necessary, without creating all this upset. But I, as a few others, don't like unnecessary nanny rules that paint all of us with the same broad brush. It just shows a lack of respect and trust for those who do live within the rules and intent of the forum and hobby. We are not school children (at least most of us...lol).

Last edited by Reef Pilot; 07-02-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Yes Walter, I suppose I could have explained it better.

your threads were in my mind when this came up, and as you said, I joked about it. It was a joke.

Sponsors are a business, and as such, can run it any way they like. Come, go, do what they need to do. They, especially frag dealers, bring new and exciting things to the table which in turn trickle down into next year's hobbyist sales.

The whole Denny thing was attempted offline, but he choose to make a stink about it publicly, and at that point the decisions had to be quick and somewhat painful. It's a shame he couldn't have been more mature about it and worked with us to come to an understanding. He was banned for a week but then offered a reward publicly to spam the board. He made his own bed.

We also don't like to lay down rules all the time. But it's a necessary evil that comes with the territory. If it isn't written down, it gets abused. I can't revisit this with every individual every time it happens, so a rule is posted. In this case, I took the worse case scenario and tried to accommodate that individual, while being able to justify their posts at the end of the year. We have leveled the playing field without causing much, if any real consequence on the people that feel they are affected. If anyone feels this isn't so, they can PM me and I'll run through the scenario. I am certain they will be pleasantly surprised with the freedom that they still have to sell their frags.

No, almost all of you are not school children. But some are. So when posting any formal guideline, we need to address the lowest common denominator. As mature adults, I trust you all to understand this need and not feel it's directed at you.
I just went to the store. The door had a Pull sign on it. I didn't take to suggest the store thought I was an idiot. It's just a simple reminder of how something works. Same with our rules.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:40 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
You know, if you would have stated this reason for the new rules and worded them to support this intent, I would not have objected. I actually prefer keeping a single thread going for a while with just bumps and occasional updates. Having said that, it was you, Brad, that once joked that I had the longest running frag FS thread going. So then I started doing more threads and shortening them... Can't win...

But I still have a problem with whining sponsors who come and go, and are just takers that don't contribute with knowledge and support.

And the Denny thing, whatever happened, could have been handled with PMs and a ban if necessary, without creating all this upset. But I, as a few others, don't like unnecessary nanny rules that paint all of us with the same broad brush. It just shows a lack of respect and trust for those who do live within the rules and intent of the forum and hobby. We are not school children (at least most of us...lol).
Well said Walter, this last paragraph says it perfectly.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
Well said Walter, this last paragraph says it perfectly.
Please see my reply.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:42 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Yes, thank you Walter!

Denny's post was moved to the moderator forums (it's not deleted) on the sole reason that it was attacking Warren. The rest of the fluff he posted was just fine (albeit he could have said it all with more tact). He was banned because he re-posted the same post into another thread. This ban was set for 7 days simply to prevent him from re-posting the attack on Warren. He could have come back, but he chose to have a fit and continue on for several hours (it's likely no one really saw it all), and he set his own future here.

Please trust me when I say that I, along with the other moderators, are working to improve Canreef in many ways and create more traffic and interesting topics/activities. We do listen to you guys! There are a lot of great things in the works. With Warren and I as new moderators, we have brought a new life to ideas and energy to get them done. I think it was probably a poor choice to put up these new classified rules as the first "act" that was made since Warren and I stepped up without first showing you guys some of the "prettier" things we have in mind. However, even though my name is on these classified rules, they were in the making long before Warren and I became moderators. The classified rules are not a new idea, and once everyone gets used to the idea it will become a non-issue.

SPS fanatic.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:53 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Well, I think all of us understand the rules and intent better now. And I don't want to lecture anymore either. But hopefully, we all learned some things here, and perhaps how to do things better going forward.

And again, Brad, nothing against you personally, that's for sure. Your patience and cool has saved the day many times before. And I know you guys (mods) have to do things collectively and probably don't always agree with each other either. I do see we have a few new mods now, and do hope they will learn from you (stay cool).
Old 07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Just a guy..

Thanks Walter. I never take anything personally, I understand that these things can become "charged". We can't always anticipate everyone's understanding and/or confusion with these new things we do, but we will try harder in the future to delivery info with better explanations.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:29 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Well, I think all of us understand the rules and intent better now. And I don't want to lecture anymore either. But hopefully, we all learned some things here, and perhaps how to do things better going forward.

And again, Brad, nothing against you personally, that's for sure. Your patience and cool has saved the day many times before. And I know you guys (mods) have to do things collectively and probably don't always agree with each other either. I do see we have a few new mods now, and do hope they will learn from you (stay cool).
Again, well said Walter, this goes for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Thanks Walter. I never take anything personally, I understand that these things can become "charged". We can't always anticipate everyone's understanding and/or confusion with these new things we do, but we will try harder in the future to delivery info with better explanations.
Hey Brad you have always kept a cool level approach when dealing with issues.
I don't always agree with some decisions, but do respect what ever is decided and try to follow the rules as written.