Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Easy to say what we would like from our LFS (or any retail store) and customer service. But a little friendly respect and patience on our part can help as well. If we try to be nice to them, chances are much better that we will be treated in kind. And I am sure they would appreciate any gratitude or compliments we can give them as well.

Just ask yourself, how would you like to be treated if you were in their shoes. And what would they like to see in a customer (or not)? If you can keep that in mind, you will have a much happier and productive store experience, I'm sure.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 AM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

When there are no prices listed and you always gotta ask how much it costs and they just randomly spit out a number.

When you go in for something and they dont have it and tell you its gonna be in next week and so you wait and go in a week later and they tell you the same thing. On and on and on

When you have an issue with your tank and you go in to buy something and they try selling you some bs that you know damn well isnt going to do nothing just so they can make a buck.

Browned out sps (seems to be norm nowadays) and when you ask what kind it is they dont know.

I can go on lol I try to support lfs but its hard to when they try to sell you dry goods and livestock thats are rediculously overpriced and get crappy service while your at it.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

What I'd really enjoy reading is a "Customer Frustrations" thread by all the stores
Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 AM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

That would be interesting...
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 AM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
Easy to say what we would like from our LFS (or any retail store) and customer service. But a little friendly respect and patience on our part can help as well. If we try to be nice to them, chances are much better that we will be treated in kind. And I am sure they would appreciate any gratitude or compliments we can give them as well.

Just ask yourself, how would you like to be treated if you were in their shoes. And what would they like to see in a customer (or not)? If you can keep that in mind, you will have a much happier and productive store experience, I'm sure.
Haha…your subtle suggestions were overlooked

I am happy with my FAVOURITE local fish store, I bet they wish we lived closer, so we could be there more...right Denny, Matt, and Dave
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Kabong is on a distinguished road

I hate going in to stores with gorgeous display tanks, but the actual livestock tanks are covered in algae, half dead corals, and at least one corpse stuck in a overflow.

How about, instead of spending all your time keeping your display tanks immaculate.
You spend a little time on the tanks I'm buying out of.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:46 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

It really makes my blood boil when I walk into a store and see beautiful healthy livestock. Seriously, don't they know I'm trying to save up money for more Starbucks?!? The nerve..
Old 02-05-2014, 06:44 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
It really makes my blood boil when I walk into a store and see beautiful healthy livestock. Seriously, don't they know I'm trying to save up money for more Starbucks?!? The nerve..
agreed! Only in my case (at the moment) it would be star wars stuff not Starbucks
Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 PM

rattler is on a distinguished road
Default sour on service

being in the service industry I know the ups and downs of retail. I am going to Calgary this week end and thinking I should be prepared I sent not one but two pm's to a store looking for equipment last week. This wasn't for a lookeelou when I get to the store this was to purchase the pieces. I leave tommorrow for Calgary and not a reply from the vendor REALLY!!! It is very easy for myself to ship items from large stores state side as we go to the border weekly and have a US postal box. That does not help the small retailer nor support the local economy. If you want to playin the electronic age do so do not just pay lip service and ignore the people that will support you!!!!

Rant over
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Really grinds my gears when stores get shipments in when I'm broke lol. Sorry kids your getting kd