Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

My much neglected tank finally received some TLC with a water change, new carbon & GFO and skimmer maintenance. I can actually see through the glass again as I spent some time scraping the algae off. Fish seem to be showing signs of improvement, have not seen any worms in them since treating with Seachems worm meds. I have ordered some levamosoli from the US to have on hand.

I have lost a ton of fish this year, currently down to 12. I do not have any issues with algae, but I have quite the aiptasia farm going, the buggers are EVERYWHERE - currently looking for a fish to devour the ones in the DT.

I have not tinkered with anything equipment wise and thankfully with the decreased bioload, the tank was able to sustain itself with the reduced filtration, lack of water changes - my skimmer keeps overfilling and overflowing and not sure what is causing this, but I've had it off for well over a month. Turned it back on yesterday and its still doing it, just letting it run for now.

I have not lost any corals, but honestly only have mostly softies. My GSP wall is ridiculous and now covers 3/4 of the back of the tank, but has also been devouring available rock space. I have 4 nems in the tank - my big RBTA split into 3, so I have large, med and small clones. You would think with 4 nems, my 3 clowns would be settled, but no, the Clarkii female claims the 3, the male clarkii gets the other RBTA, so my little b&w clown sneaks in wherever he can.

And my clam is the one coral that surprises me. It's still growing, seems to have moved slightly, but overall very healthy. I've had this guy for 3 years.

I'm still trying to find my groove and motivation with keeping the tank going, but still don't have the heart to shut it down. This year was insanely busy through the summer and things are now changing work wise that will have me taking courses for the next year. If I can get through the next 12 months with the tank, I think things will be golden.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:38 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

What keeps me going is hearing you persevere through your tank issues :-). Keep on reefing on!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:49 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

There is nothing sexier and appealing then having a misses, wife , spouse , girlfriend, or know of someone who is a female and a reefer. KEEP IT UP..