Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 AM

SpongeAl is on a distinguished road

Of the ones I've owned or encountered, i would say the Flame Hawkfish, awesome beyond words. The Bart Simpson of the aquarium world.

A close second would be the Valentini Puffer that I recently added, despite the fact that it nips at my coral then looks up with this NGAF look on its face.

I'm starting to dislike my clowns at times. lol!

I had a Royal Dottyback that was pretty cool, not much of a personality compared to the Flame Hawkfish though. I had to take him back because he was harassing the clowns to the point that I lost the male when it jumped out of the tank.
Now I kinda wish I went the other way and kept the Dottyback and returned the clowns, but I had the clowns for a while by that point and they were not the aggressors in that instance.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:42 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

My favorite fish in my own tank is a Pelicier's Perchlet. He has a personality a lot like a Flame Hawkfish, but less shy and bigger. He's always photobombing.

My most desired fish right now is a Candy Basslet, but I keep getting distracted with more rare fish and spend my budget there instead...

If I could only have one fish it would be a Randal's Goby with a Pistol Shrimp because one fish would likely be a nano and these are the most awesome nano fish imo. If I could only have one type of fish it would be Anthias because a whole whack of Anthias are just beautifully amazing.

SPS fanatic.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:39 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

Flame Wrasses - for both the bold and subtle beauty. I love supermales with the thin blue line that really adds to the "flame" appearance. A flame wrasse was my first real expensive fish, and 8 or so years ago when I got my first they were a lot less common then these days.

While I love all the fairy wrasses I have stopped collecting them over the years as they are fragile and expensive but hope to eventually start getting some more.

More recently I have started to really like Genicanthus angels. The differences between males and females and the fact even experienced reefers sometimes think the male and females are different species. For years I never really gave these guys much thoughts but they are a great tang alternative as show fish.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:35 PM

Tankboy is on a distinguished road

Molly Miller. Of all the fish I have kept, this one was the ugliest but had the best personality. "Snail Tipping" was his favorite passtime! If you haven't had the pleasure of having one of these, you are missing out. Awesome fish!
125 gallon Oceanic mixed reef, Maxspect 150, MP 40QD x 2, EShopps 300R Refugium, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2x Kessil AP700's, JBJ ATO with Advanced Acrylics ATO reservoir, Apex Next Gen with Neptune dosing pumps....and a bunch of other stuff including a lot of joy...and equal amounts of frustration!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:14 PM

Piscez is on a distinguished road

First would be my mated pair of clowns as they host my RBTA's center front always busy and caring for their eggs. Next would be my powder blue tang came in after all my gorgeous big healthy naso , yellow and purple etc tangs small and a little beat up but he's a survivor and loves to follow all the big guys around and doing really well now lots of personality. I also second the flame hawkfish unfortunately lost mine a few weeks ago.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:14 AM

Ryan7 is on a distinguished road

acanthurus japonicus

Subtle beauty! Active and inquisitive
Old 11-23-2016, 01:56 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

flame hawkfish by far. had him for a few years then one day he disappeared and never to be found again

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC
Old 11-23-2016, 06:33 PM

Fishman is on a distinguished road

Queen Angel. Bold, beautiful ... and not a coral nipper (yet).
Old 11-24-2016, 01:37 AM

Reef.ductionist is on a distinguished road

Copperband Butterfly/

Graceful, inquisitive,

Yellow Tang, active alert will feed from hand with some training
Old 04-08-2017, 05:16 AM

IronChefItaly is on a distinguished road

My favorite fish would be my male pintail wrasse - Heimdall. Remarkable coloration, pleasing swimming patterns and a laughable personality. He's very curious for a fish and is completely tame.