Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-28-2008, 04:42 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I don't even know why you guys are making this a topic... It is WAY to hard to track an accurate worth of corals being traded, fragged, etc...

Easiest way around it. No, We're not doing that in this contest.
Agreed.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:46 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

So with a little help from fishytime i think i may have ID the wrasse. its by far the closest looking pic i have seen. mine has more blue in the body than the pic but its still close.

http://research.kahaku.go.jp/zoology.../p155_02b.html
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 PM

OK so the mini acro colony i had decided to stn onme so i had to frag it. am i still on the hook for the full amount or can i drop the price to 1 frag.? if i sell the frags can i reintroduce that cash into my budget?
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

dabandit is on a distinguished road

Lol
Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

stn?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
OK so the mini acro colony i had decided to stn onme so i had to frag it. am i still on the hook for the full amount or can i drop the price to 1 frag.? if i sell the frags can i reintroduce that cash into my budget?
You responsible for the colony.

We already went over the re-introduction of cash to the budget. Not Allowed.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988

Last edited by JDigital; 12-15-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:52 PM

Well keeping with the real life thing. in reall life i would sell these frags. not arguing but the whole "real Life" thing, but the aspect doesnt mean anything in this contest. that phrase keeps being brought up but has abslutly no bearing on this contest whatsoever. so i can sell these frags and keep the money but be stuck with and extra 20-40 bucks from the frags but UNLIKE real life i cannot put the money back into the tank. so now i have a huge void on the right side of my tank and money to spend from the frags that were from this piece but i have to spend that cash on a different tank, of something outside reefing. WHATS THE POINT????????????? THIS IS NOTHING LIKE REAL LIFE.

If you dont like this then stop using the phrase REAL LIFE. in REAL LIFE **** happens and it seems in this contest that youhave to handle "it" hitting the fan, but you can do nothing to recouperate aterards even if you are left with Frags that could be sold, but this has nothing to do with your budget. show me how this has anything to do with REAL LIFE.

edit

IN REAL LIFE THIS COLONY COST 45 BUCKS BUT THE FRAGS WOULD GET ME AROUND 60 AS I ENDED UP WITH ABOUT 6 FRAGS. IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY CAN TO KEEP CORAL FROM DIEING OFF ENTIRELY SO INSTEAD OF LETTING THIS PIECE DIE I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR TRYING TO GET BACK SOME MONEY. SO NOW WHEN ANYONE REMOVES ANY PIECE OF CORAL FROM THEIR TNAKS FOR ANY REASON I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PROOF THAT ITS NOT DYING. SEEMS TO ME THAT OUTSIDE OF JDIGITAL I AM THE ONLY ONE HAVING THESE ISSUES. WITH THE NUMBER OPF TANKS INVOLVED I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IM THE ONLY ONE WITH THESE ISSUES, OR MAYBE I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH THE HONESTY TO REPORT SUCH OCCURANCES.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 12-15-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

What is stn??

I've stuck with mostly soft corals cause they are easier to keep. But since my last fts my Anthelia has shriveled up. Hopefully it makes it but if not I'll have lost something too.

But now I'm confused?? I saw some black clowns at the lfs that I liked so if I bought those (which I didn't cause some lady beat me too it) and took out my orange clown I could remove his cost from my budget... right?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

We've already gone over this before Guappo.. I don't know why you're argueing.

We're not recouping money back into the budget.

wes: stn = Slow Tissue Necrosis...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 12-15-2008, 10:24 PM

I wasnt argueing with the prices i was argueing with your usr of the term "real Life".

OK since there is absoulutly NO point in selling these frags i have decided to leave everyone of them in my tank. so now istead of 5 pieces of sps i now 11. i will NOT be adding any value for the frags as the colony was already accounted for.
and yes some frags are larger than 2 inches and some are smaller.

I will also be trading one of these frags and that frag will go in the tank as it cost me nothing except something of equal Market Value that was removed(but not the budget) from this tank. and yes THIS DOES HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 12-15-2008 at 10:32 PM.