Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-17-2014, 01:27 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I think we offered upgrades and features, not miracles. Sheesh..
your telling me

I kinda like the university idea, but the problem comes up that is it going to be a Canadian university?, if so there won't be a lot of stuff applicable to us as most of there studies are cold water stuff, so a lot of differences, so that would be my only question. the other issue is to get a regular post on related topics from a university, it is going to take more than a little donation, to get a large segment of there time and dedication it would take some big bucks.

there are other ways to "piggyback" on articles and such with subscription services, but I have know idea what they would cost and so on.

I know years ago when ever some one would find an interesting read they would post a link to it and there used to be a lot of discussion on it, but that doesn't seam to happen anymore.

so I guess what I would like to see is a lot more user posted stuff like the old days, we all learned a heck of a lot in a short period of time, mind you we didn't have to many sponsors that we would upset by posting how to make stuff in the DIY forum. so I don't know how much of a concern that would be, and I don't want to be banned for two years for exposing the reality of a deceptive product like I did on reef central .

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by StirCrazy; 01-17-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:55 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Just an example of the kinds of threads started that revamping the site would help
I'm sure many of us would benefit from stickies and an up to date library

Setting up a new sump

I've seen many posts on this particular topic over the last quarter, and I've seen many helpful responses from our members
I've personally responded to enough of them on sumps over the last year that I've stopped getting involved

It would definately help everyone if these kinds of topics/answers were easier for everyone to find
Old 01-18-2014, 02:09 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

for buy and selling location simply have people put city in post title. As for entering SOLD, extend time before edit feature is locked out.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:41 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Do you have any frags left??
For you, yes, lots of Limited Edition Snowapora!!

I've noticed that sometimes I'll get emailed a burst of replies to a thread. So I dunno..
Old 01-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
For you, yes, lots of Limited Edition Snowapora!!
That would be great, we don't have any of that here
Old 01-18-2014, 10:20 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

I would like a like button for liking post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 PM

rival10 is on a distinguished road

Did not read all of the replies so do not know if this was suggested or not. Is there an option to look at posts that are a week old, or a month old....sometimes I read a post, and want to go back to it and the search option has not helped. "New Posts" is great. But sometimes the post is a day or two old. As a newer member I find the site very helpful.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rival10 View Post
Did not read all of the replies so do not know if this was suggested or not. Is there an option to look at posts that are a week old, or a month old....sometimes I read a post, and want to go back to it and the search option has not helped. "New Posts" is great. But sometimes the post is a day or two old. As a newer member I find the site very helpful.
yup, go to the main log in page, scroll down to the bottom and there is the view threads buttons, you can pick last day 2 week 2 ect....

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I would like to see a new logo. It would give the site a freshened and updated look :-)
+1

Other random thoughts

Online store I would love to buy some Canreef trinkets(t-shirts, hats, pens, key chains and so on.....) might have to be on a trial basis though as it costs to do this

Newbie contest those starting up first time tanks probably would appreciate the notice prizes not necessary but just having their picture posted is pride enough only open to first timers though those who have been in it a year or more would have an unfair advantage

As social media is huge might be worth looking into advertising the site on mainstream but again is cost involved and is it worth it

Buy/Sell forum is one that has its use but at the same time seems to be a massive thorn in many people's sides I haved used the Buy/Sell before but its a forum I can also live without maybe look into linking it to its own site as it appears to fusterated a lot of people having a link to it's own site might be easier to maintain

Just my 5 cents(seeing as we no longer have the penny)
Old 01-19-2014, 04:55 AM

Phil is on a distinguished road

Canreef is a business and exists with help of Vendors

First u need to bring back vendors lowering the fees helps bring new vendors

New vendors from different areas will bring more members
Yes u make less money but with more vendors= more money anyway

Look how many vendor left due to the increasing costs.
Most of the members In Edmonton also left do to the vendors leaving.
(Using Facebook instead)

More vendors = more members = more money

It's sad to say but without vendor canreef will not be here.

Me and reefwars tryed to explain this before and the thread got off topic really quick and got deleted.

I will say it's nice to see Titus on here actually looking at the problem we told u was going to happen.

Last edited by Phil; 01-19-2014 at 04:58 AM.