Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tips and Tricks

Old 08-08-2008, 05:18 AM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Lets see... I've got:

1. A Pocket Expert Guide Marine Fishes by Michael
2. A Pocket Expert Guide Marine Invertebrates by Shimek (these are handy to have when their isn’t an internet connection and a computer close by)

3. Giant Clams in the Sea and in the Aquarium by Fatherree (I couldn’t get over the very informal writing style. There wasn’t a great deal of information here that isnt common in other material)

4. Reef Invertebrates by Calfo and Fenner (Covers most of the non-coral, non-anemone invertebrates that most books dont talk about. Very good read)

5. Book of Coral Propagation by Calfo (I was hoping more experiences regarding coral propagation, however this book really makes you think towards the sustainability of the hobby)

6. Complete Encyclopedia of the Saltwater Aquarium by Dakin (not that complete... shows pictures of prizm skimmers... probably caused me to buy one... I cant recommend it because of that)

7. Ultimate Marine Aquariums by Paletta (Outdated now, TOTM online articles are more worth while)

8. Aquarium Corals by Borneman (a must have, I'm always referencing back to it)

9. Reef Secrets by Nilsen and Fossa (very simple and informative for beginners)

10. The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Fenner (great book for beginners, helps you think more ethically about the hobby)

I've read all of them cover to cover except the pocket guides. I've just ordered The Reef Aquarium Vol 3 from chapters.com ($65 shipped) after hearing so much about it.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour