Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
IF our schedules coincide; I'd be glad to play tour guide for you and we can make a roadtrip out of it. All the stores Hydrologist has mentioned are worth visiting. We will of course....visit that funny fella in the Hamilton/Niagara area (bring your sunglasses - corals are blinding).

I've been fortunate to meet a few CanReef members in the past. It's always nice to meet and chat with a fellow hobbyist.

I'll try my best and have the stores open for you
That's a fantastic offer.

Taipan is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I would definitely take him up on his offer!

Kien bought a bunch of corals from us before he flew back home. From my understand he packed his suitcase full of corals and never had a problem.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:19 PM

chef is on a distinguished road

Taipan is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I would definitely take him up on his offer!

Kien bought a bunch of corals from us before he flew back home. From my understand he packed his suitcase full of corals and never had a problem. [/quote]
Old 01-22-2014, 03:23 PM

chef is on a distinguished road

Whoops. +1 for Taipan. met him when I was at fragfest last fall. I really liked him.
As far as bringing corals back goes, I've done it many times. Just put it in your checked luggage with a few heatpacks. I always try to make the package as small as possible with hardly any air.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

That guy in the Niagra region with the Acans that are out of this world, right? Everytime he puts up pics I bring out my kid's drool rag for myself

Taipan, I will definitely take you up on that offer for a guided tour! Better to go around with someone who knows the area. I'm from Vancouver and we have nothing like your freeway systems there...

Really? I can pack the corals in my checked luggage?? There goes all my spending money for the trip...

I'm just a little excited now
Old 01-22-2014, 07:29 PM

Taipan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
That guy in the Niagra region with the Acans that are out of this world, right? Everytime he puts up pics I bring out my kid's drool rag for myself

Taipan, I will definitely take you up on that offer for a guided tour! Better to go around with someone who knows the area. I'm from Vancouver and we have nothing like your freeway systems there...

Really? I can pack the corals in my checked luggage?? There goes all my spending money for the trip...

I'm just a little excited now
Shipping corals via your luggage or carry-on is not a problem. I've done it many times....even from Vancouver back to Toronto, and Toronto to Halifax Keep me posted and we'll try to make this work.

P.S. - Yes, that guy from Niagara with the crazy Acans....SPS....and Scolys.

Thanks for everyone's kind words.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:57 AM

Taipan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Countdown begins.....

T minus 1 month.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbF29c_FpV8
Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 AM

[quote=Taipan;901179]T minus 1 month.....

OH YEAH!!!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 02:13 PM

AquaticExpressions is on a distinguished road

Frag Cave and myself if you want some zoas and palys that are out of this world.

Big Al's Mississauaga, Canada Corals for SPS, Aquatic Kingdom, and reef raft if you can make an appointment.

Big Al's Scarborough, NAFB, Sea U Marine (Markham)

MJC for SPS

All these places are great also I haven't been to Big Show but for LPS he has probably got the nicest pieces from what I see in photo.

Red(Taipan) is a great guy and you should take him up on his offer 2pts from BC got the tour from Red and he had a great time from my understanding.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 PM

I'm taking Taipan up on his offer for sure. I'm setting aside (wife is allowing) one day for coral bliss. Wherever he decides to take me I'm sure will blow my mind.
Question for all the vendors out there, I know that there've been many visitors to your store/home operations, but I haven't seen a lot of pics posted. Is this frowned upon? Or is taking pictures okay but posting them on here isn't? Pardon me if the question seems impolite (not sure if that's the right word to use)? I just think that I for one would love to have pics for memories' sake of all the beautiful tanks I'm going to be seeing.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM

AquaticExpressions is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
I'm taking Taipan up on his offer for sure. I'm setting aside (wife is allowing) one day for coral bliss. Wherever he decides to take me I'm sure will blow my mind.
Question for all the vendors out there, I know that there've been many visitors to your store/home operations, but I haven't seen a lot of pics posted. Is this frowned upon? Or is taking pictures okay but posting them on here isn't? Pardon me if the question seems impolite (not sure if that's the right word to use)? I just think that I for one would love to have pics for memories' sake of all the beautiful tanks I'm going to be seeing.
What are you looking to get? If it is zoa Alex on frag cave posts lots of pics... Canada Corals posts sps shipment... NAFB post some pics too on other forums...