Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 02-21-2019, 02:38 AM

SiliconGuy is on a distinguished road
Default LF: I need Rotifers

Hi there,
Clowns are spawning - I need Rotifers, preferably S-strainI'm travelling in the GVRD area this Saturday/Sunday and could pickup in Vancouver or the Fraser valley.
Thanks in advance!
-Benoit

Last edited by SiliconGuy; 02-21-2019 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:34 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

I got a mix of rotifers/copepods brewing. I purchased them from Canada Copepods several years ago. Not sure what strain they are. I also have filter cloth to filter the rotifers.

Not sure I have enough for you to raise your clownfish but it would be a good starter culture.

If this is your first time trying raising clownfish unfortunately there is a steep learning curve and it will likely take you several hatches before you are actually able to save any of the youngsters. And then it will take you many more before you are able to get any of these guys to actually survive and grow.

So you will have plenty of time to produce your own large culture of rotifers.

If this is not your first time and you are experienced then disregard what I have said except the part of not having enough for this go around.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:33 PM

SiliconGuy is on a distinguished road

Hi Frogger,
Thanks. I'm somewhat new at this but under no illusions and agree with your points.
I should have been clearer - I'm not looking to save this batch but rather to re-start my rotifer operation for future use.
I had all of this running a year ago but the clowns stopped spawning for some reason so I let it lapse.
I read that you can bring back rotifers from the dead with heat/water/luck but thought that it was simpler to ask here first.
-Benoit