Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road
Exclamation NpX-Bio Beads! New O.C. Product launch!

This has been lots of work and a long time coming and Canreef is the first to know!~

Oceanic Corals is very excited to introduce NpX-BioBeads! O.C. was the first to bring the Pellets into Canada and are now the first ever to offer another option for this pioneering product! We have made special arrangements that have given us better availability and pricing.

Our NpX-Bio Beads are only available in 550ml bags to start. We are doing 1100ml(purchases in pairs) with two 550ml bags until we have our larger sizes available.

These are introductory prices and may not last!

550ml will be offered at a promo price of $44.99

1100ml will be offered at a promo price of $79.99

Pellets are in stock and ready to ship!

*** Our new product launch now negates our free bag promo AND FREE SHIPPING from this point forward!

O.C will continue to expand this market and strive to be the #1 source for Pellets.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 04-28-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:51 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Ian- View Post
The NpX-Bio Beads are produced by the identical manufacturer as the first pellets that appeared on the market, our NpX-Bio Beads have been even further improved over the very first batches of Pellets manufactured for marine nutrient control.
So what is better about this batch? I missed the pellet band wagon, and am still in the dark about this product. What would be the advertised specs of this product?

According to the manufacturer this newest batch of pellets has been further refined than past batches, I will get some specs from them as to what refinements have been made; however, our Pellets are produced by the same manufacturer as the first Pellets to make it to the market. There are more details and product news to come.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 04-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

How long would a bag last me on a 34g tank? How much should I run at a time?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
How long would a bag last me on a 34g tank? How much should I run at a time?

Thanks.

I would suggest to start with our 550ml bag, run about half the bag and see what results you get. You can increase the volume of the beads based on how your aquarium responds. One bag should last you about 8 months to a year on 34g.

O.C.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 PM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

you have them instore?.. if i show up at the store at 11:30 some one will sell me a bag?
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacheteAvenue View Post
you have them instore?.. if i show up at the store at 11:30 some one will sell me a bag?
We will have the Beads in store this afternoon, call the store to confirm.

O.C.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM

LeeR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to LeeR

thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM

Bzar is on a distinguished road

I've got 800ml in 100gal (estimated water volume) system. Got them from Oceanic Corals when they first came out around Jan I think it was. I was vodka carbon dosing before the pellets as a form of nutrient exporting, and had numerous challenges with that system (determining correct dose, ugly bacterial strings, looming threat of cyano, etc.)

However the experience with the pellets has been very pleasant. First they do as they say. I've had 0 nutrient challenges with this product since the new year. Nitrates and Phos are constant 0. The primary reason for the pellets is Nitrates, however they do seem to help with Phosphates. I also add 4 drops of Brightwell Microbacter7 daily for added bacterial control of nutrients (especially phosphates). The MB7 also helps replenish benneficial bacteria in the system as it's skimmed out and helps keep the water crystal clear.

This is a set it and forget it system...no dosing pumps or strict routine of manual dosing. So IMO these biopellets are well worth it for the ease of nutrient exporting alone. At the rate of use I'm noticing I'd imagine my initial 800ml will last about a year'ish, as mentioned, and I feed VERY VERY heavy.

Thanks OC for continued support of this product. I'll be adding another 100gal of frag tanks to my system soon and will be ordering another batch of pellets to compensate for the added volume.

Cheers
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Would you please enlighten us on the scientific backing of this statement?

Quote:
The NpX-Bio Beads are produced by the identical manufacturer as the first pellets that appeared on the market, our NpX-Bio Beads have been even further improved over the very first batches of Pellets manufactured for marine nutrient control
Old 04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Would you please enlighten us on the scientific backing of this statement?
The manufacturer has said that the process to produce the pellets is being refined continuously as new batches are produced. The batches have a different density (Molecular Weight) and allow for longer denitrification life. This is not proprietary to our Bio Beads but may likely be product wide regardless of what brand you purchase.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 04-24-2010 at 04:38 PM.