Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-23-2015, 06:19 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

So I did have some recent trouble with my tank and a bunch of sps died but I believe I may have corrected it. I think I finally somewhat fully stocked my tank now just gotta resist the temptation of new pretty things and let them grow. I can't emphasize how great of an idea it was during my planning stage to make my final sump chamber into a frag tank. Helped me acclimate new corals so easily without them frying to my radions. Oh and I bought 5 new fish =). 2 colorful rainbow looking wrasse that I forgot the name of, 1 beautiful male filament wrasse with super long fins and 2 lovely anthias. So far every1 is getting along great.

Here's a pic of all the recent goodies that was in my sump for atleast 2 weeks under par38 to acclimate to radions

I just finish adding all my new corals to the main display 3 days ago and they are accepting the lights perfectly. Here are a bunch of pics.

Splitting tank pics into 3 from left to right.

I glued 2 a red and green monti cap to a magnet in a shape of a heart. Hope it will grow beautifully giving it an awesome floating effect. I left a area in the center sand bed for my euphyllia and zoa garden so they can't attack other LPS or sps

I always wanted a orange plate since I started this hobby 2yrs ago n I've finally got a stupidly bright one wih blue tips!!

And of course the beautiful BRAINS!!!

This monster sized long tent electric base plate is simply nothing but gorgeous. Had to move my brain tho in fear of them stinging each other

I put my brain on a dead plate coral on a dead green slimer lol. Gonna plan on sticking something cool on that later on

This milli up in front of gonna be amazing once it colors up.

Also got 2 pretty cool bubble tip anemonies. The green with white tip is pretty cool when it actually bubbles up. Didn't take pic of it bubbly

My acid rain bta has already split into 2. So cool. But it doesn't look that great atm. Dunno how long they look ****ty for when they split I have no prior experience with anem's. Here's a pic of it in its prime.

N of course I can't forget about my sweet electric flame scallop. No electricity in this pic.

Bi colored torch

I forgot the name of this coral. I rly like it as it is super bright orange. Just flows under leds. Any1 know what it is?

Hope u guys enjoy the pics and he changes I made to my tank. Pointers are always welcomed!! There will be more pics coming soon. Got a gopro but it keeps disconnecting it's wifi via iPhone app so Im having a hard time taking underwater pics. Once I figure out how to correct that issue I will start taking sweet underwater macro pics n such =)

Last edited by jason604; 04-23-2015 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road
Default My In Wall 110g Tank build

Looks like a Pavona maldivensis
Old 04-23-2015, 02:50 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Got a gopro but it keeps disconnecting it's wifi via iPhone app so Im having a hard time taking underwater pics.
Mine does the exact same thing with both an android and iPad. 2" or so under water and it disconnects.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
Looks like a Pavona maldivensis
Thx!! That's it. Thought it was a Los Cuz it looks so puffy but guess it's a sps. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Mine does the exact same thing with both an android and iPad. 2" or so under water and it disconnects.
Yea they should rly fix that.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM

Been 2 months since my last update. Things are surely growing but slowly. My radions are rly bringing out colors of my sps that were purchased brown out and my old sps changing it to diff colors. The thing about the leds is that the color of my sps intensity is rly from viewing top down. Im thinking of adding T5 to supplement my LEDS. My tank's params has been pretty steady for once lol. I think i FINALLY tweaked my dosers correctly for now. ALK 8.0 Cal 380 Mag 1380

Here's some pics
My lovely plate coral is rly just massive when it fully expands!!

Acid rain rbta did lose some color but they always appear super happy. Does this mean that i should feed more or is it being on sandbed causing it to fade?

Still battling Green hair algae but its not as bad as in my old tank where it killed everything. Also have a diff type of GHA thats only growing on the top rocks. they look like leaves. My red planet that i attached to a rock arm i made from attaching a LR piece with fijicret had broken off by me accidently (very gently nudging it). I seem to have ZERO success with fijicrete as i believe i may have a defective batch. It instantly disintegrates everytime i put some in the tank. Even when attaching 2 pieces of rock outside the water it wont bond for about a full 24 and still breaks if i move it too much. I no every1 else has great success with it but not me.

My zoas and euphyllia garden is growing at a healthy rate

My scallop is still alive surprisingly. I took it out many times to scrub it of algae but the thing is tough.. Ripped its tentical foot many times as i removed it from the rocks. Brains grew and colored up more as well

Seems like i dont have much success with acans so far.. 2/3 slowly wittered away. I do feed my tank phyto mixed with reefroid atleast once a week for these guys and sps with mysis for larger LPS and anems

Rose Nebulas has not grown a single polyp for 4 months or so lol

Bought myself a tunze scraper and i cant think of any other equipment that is worth more than it!! never will u scratch ur tank again!! its so easy to clean even the sand now

just love this highlighter acro!! so damn bright!! cant wait for it to grow. Seems to not grow at all and been about month and a half.

Can some1 help me ID this acro it colored up REAL nice from being brown

And ID this 1 on the right middle as well

My hippo has been going through a lot. Seems to repeatedly get covered in ICH every few weeks then looks completely normal then get it again n heal agian etc.. Now he has a pretty bad eye infection to 1 of his eye and its 3x bigger than normal and looks cloudy. Looks like hes wearing a monocle lol. All other fishes seems to be completely immune to the ich except my hippo. He still eats like a pig tho and shown zero sign of flashing against rocks or anything irregular.

Last edited by jason604; 06-24-2015 at 06:34 AM.