Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 PM

Littlefishy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckgod420 View Post
Anybody here do any research on this guys track record?
Ever wonder why he got the boot from canreef?

Do some research people before you throw your money away.
Thanks, we have been doing our research. We figured it was worth a shot, no one is in the hole that much. And I have spoken to several people who have dealt with Burc in the past.

"im quite happy it seems he has stepped up his game all ive beenhearing is good comments this past couple months." -LockRookie

Thanks
Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 PM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

His colors on a lot of his stuff are nothing like the pictures on his site, while other stuff is pretty close. My dragon soul and hulk acan are spot on like the picture. I would not say you are throwing your money away because his prices are pretty darn good, just have realistic expectations. Your frags will likely have some RTN, freshly cut and some/most will not have the color saturation you see on his site. I was not worried about this because I know they will color up and recover in my tanks, so was happy to save the money. I was also missing some frags, of which he has told me he is sending out tomorrow morning, but he put up a pretty big fuss over it despite it being clear there were 6 pieces missing. If you poke around the web you will find my experience is consistent with other's. HTH
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragIt Dan View Post
His colors on a lot of his stuff are nothing like the pictures on his site, while other stuff is pretty close. My dragon soul and hulk acan are spot on like the picture. I would not say you are throwing your money away because his prices are pretty darn good, just have realistic expectations. Your frags will likely have some RTN, freshly cut and some/most will not have the color saturation you see on his site. I was not worried about this because I know they will color up and recover in my tanks, so was happy to save the money. I was also missing some frags, of which he has told me he is sending out tomorrow morning, but he put up a pretty big fuss over it despite it being clear there were 6 pieces missing. If you poke around the web you will find my experience is consistent with other's. HTH
Sounds reasonable. I have done my research and know not to get my hopes up. I hear it is a toss up, great prices but some difficulties along the way. Good to hear the Dragon Soul is nice, it is on my list. Thanks for your input and I will let you know how it turns out!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Kevotron is on a distinguished road

freshly coming off the edmonton group order id figure i can offer up some feedback..
my order had 9 frags... colors on most of the zoas are a bit off... (different from site for sure)
interms of accuracy of what i selected i would say 40% yes i should of emailed him about it but whatever i didnt have time... so that part can easily be fixed
out of 9 frags no DOA... my purple death paly is funny enough close to death 1/2 closed up and almost melting, so im hoping for a turn around
pokerstar monti i ordered the base is bleached however polyps is out so im guessing it was probably just the stress during transport
favia arrived in great condition, zoas despite not what i requested were all opened the same night, and lastly the most impressed was the ultra rainbow acan, no sign of stress and is doing great in my tank and showing really nice colors.

so to sum it up for 10$-25$ a frag is not a bad gamble... it seems the frags that do the best are the ones that are more common, the rare-er the coral the riskier it is....since everybody wants it and in order to satisfy the demand he isn't giving enough recovery time for the mother colony hence increasing the mortality rate.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 AM

FragIt Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotron View Post
freshly coming off the edmonton group order id figure i can offer up some feedback..
my order had 9 frags... colors on most of the zoas are a bit off... (different from site for sure)
interms of accuracy of what i selected i would say 40% yes i should of emailed him about it but whatever i didnt have time... so that part can easily be fixed
out of 9 frags no DOA... my purple death paly is funny enough close to death 1/2 closed up and almost melting, so im hoping for a turn around
pokerstar monti i ordered the base is bleached however polyps is out so im guessing it was probably just the stress during transport
favia arrived in great condition, zoas despite not what i requested were all opened the same night, and lastly the most impressed was the ultra rainbow acan, no sign of stress and is doing great in my tank and showing really nice colors.

so to sum it up for 10$-25$ a frag is not a bad gamble... it seems the frags that do the best are the ones that are more common, the rare-er the coral the riskier it is....since everybody wants it and in order to satisfy the demand he isn't giving enough recovery time for the mother colony hence increasing the mortality rate.
I got a purple death Paly as well and am seeing similar results. It is $10/polyp and I got a single polyp so you kinda have to expect it will take a bit to recover from the fragging and shipping. I am expecting it will recover though.
Save the Reef, Buy a Frag!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I emailed Burc last night just for some info, received a reply within 15 mins. Asked a few questions in a couple more emails with fast replies. The last email he gave me his contact phone numbers & said call anytime.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 AM

Fragalot site has been UPDATED!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 AM

born is on a distinguished road

Id be down for 50$
Old 03-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Jaro is on a distinguished road

I'm in for $50-$100 but can't be part of it if order comes into Calgary Mar 21-Apr 2 since I won't be in town then.

Can someone please post up the timing so everyone can plan accordingly.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM

Cut off is this upcoming Sunday, March 18th at noon. We won't know our ship date until everything we have ordered had been confirmed in stock and everyone had paid. We are hoping for the following week. Stay tuned for updates.