Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Victoria Blue World Aquariums

Old 01-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Vendor

Blue World Aquariums is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster Dan View Post
You'll just have to wait for me to get back to work on Sunday.
Slacker...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:17 AM

Youngster Dan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue World Aquariums View Post
Slacker...
Haha, shh
Old 01-26-2013, 10:49 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Wow the store is really packed with some nice corals!

I just left the store, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I see no longer are prices posted on the tanks. I asked the employee how do we know the coral prices, and was told you have to ask. So I asked and they didn't know the prices, but said they could make a call.. Well sorry, that doesn't work for me.

So say they call and I get a price on that coral,,, then5 minutes later at another tank I see something I'm interested in.. Am I supposed to wait until another call is made?

Sorry guys I went in with a couple of hun in my pocket to spend. This number system you have IE f52, G5H may work for your online store but unless you make the prices available either on the tank or at least hang up a list with coral numbers and their prices I won't be back.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:55 PM

Xadieu is on a distinguished road

I also hate it too when LFS don't post prices. Some of the LFS here have a dedicated tank say everything in this tank worth $79, and another $50 at least then you know even next time you walk in you will know how much that coral you are looking for will cost instead of playing the guessing game.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Vendor

Blue World Aquariums is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Wow the store is really packed with some nice corals!

I just left the store, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I see no longer are prices posted on the tanks. I asked the employee how do we know the coral prices, and was told you have to ask. So I asked and they didn't know the prices, but said they could make a call.. Well sorry, that doesn't work for me.

So say they call and I get a price on that coral,,, then5 minutes later at another tank I see something I'm interested in.. Am I supposed to wait until another call is made?

Sorry guys I went in with a couple of hun in my pocket to spend. This number system you have IE f52, G5H may work for your online store but unless you make the prices available either on the tank or at least hang up a list with coral numbers and their prices I won't be back.
Shelley, this whole thing is new to us and we are still working things out. We will have physical price lists posted in store, but I think you misunderstood about calling...we have a pricing page on our website that we access with our smart phones. Just enter the row the coral is in, ie 4G and it pulls up the photos and prices. No calling necessary. I know this won't work for everyone, so we will have a physical list too.

I appreciate the feedback, but please understand that we have been working very hard to get this going and it takes a bit of trial and error.

Last edited by Blue World Aquariums; 01-27-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue World Aquariums View Post
Shelley, this whole thing is new to us and we are still working things out. We will have physical price lists posted in store, but I think you misunderstood about calling...we have a pricing page on our website that we access with our smart phones. Just enter the row the coral is in, ie 4G and it pulls up the photos and prices. No calling necessary. I know this won't work for everyone, so we will have a physical list too.

I appreciate the feedback, but please understand that we have been working very hard to get this going and it takes a bit of trial and error.
Then I'm wondering why the employee didnt pull out her smartphone and give me a price???
Well not all of us carry our phones when we go coral shopping.. And According to previous posts not all if any of the new corals are on your website. This online coral shop may be working for out of towners, but the buzz around Vic is that the locals aren't into having to internet shop for a price..

Last edited by Borderjumper; 01-27-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Then I'm wondering why the employee didnt pull out her smartphone and give me a price???
Well not all of us carry our phones when we go coral shopping.. And According to previous posts not all if any of the new corals are on your website. This online coral shop may be working for out of towners, but the buzz around Vic is that the locals aren't into having to internet shop for a price..
Hey Shelley,

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. I believe you are completely right, in how we need to make it easier for our in store patrons to browse our shop. I hope we didn't leave too much of a sour taste in your mouth, and as Spencer mentioned -- we are working on a completely new system. A new type of system we are completely inventing and we are still working out the kinks.

That said, I really believe our new system will be hands down more efficient and be a better shopping experience. I think we will be more capable of accurately pricing corals. Better yet, I think we will be more capable of bringing in higher end corals for people in Victoria as we try to do our online sales. After all, there are only so many people in our area that have the systems such as yourself, where they can support these animals.

While I may be a total fish geek, my computer geeky side is severely lacking (just ask Spencer). I'm really trying hard, and I know I will be more efficient as I gain experience. Also, your feedback is very useful, while it was hard for me to not take your comment personally at first. I better understand where you are coming from, and know that the next time you come in that you will have a different experience.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Daniel

Last edited by Youngster Dan; 01-27-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM

PM sent Danny
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the PM Shelley.

I put some thought into it, and this is my solution. I think it works well, what are your thoughts?

Each coral has it's price on the corresponding grid system.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM

jacamarorchids is on a distinguished road

Looks great to me!