Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 PM

SpateD is on a distinguished road

@Chilumba - Good Luck dude. I don't know anyone wanting to spend that kind of money on insane to keep fish. If you were a billionaire, sure. But you're just asking for failure.

http://glassbox-design.com/2009/440f...lparked-at-6k/
Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 PM

chilumba is on a distinguished road

Well actually prognathodes basabei was selling for $4500 to a hobbyist. Holanthias fuscipinnis was $2000 but recently a deepwater diver got a rebreather and collected them and sold for olny $600 each. As for bodianus sanguineus was $2000. But hey who said I couldnčt collect them myself! Right now there are olny two different people collecting deepwater hawaiian species but Briane Greene used to collect deepwater fish of the pacific like the Dr. suess saopfish and olny sold fort $1000. He own twilight aquatics and said on aother reef forum that he will be coming out of retirement! Also in the past week Rob a deepwater diver collected not one but two female genicanthus personatus a a disclosed location at 257 feet. Both went to EZ marines Tawain and were the sold to them for the price of $6500 each.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Well there ya go, those aren't billionaire prices!!!! lets all buy a few! lol ... Or I could snorkle to Hawaii and get them for free...Hardest part is snorkling through the Rockies to get there...That's a lot of up hill swimming...
Old 08-17-2010, 07:24 PM

chilumba is on a distinguished road

Prognathodes basabei is collected at 400ft, Genicanthus personatus was collected at 257ft and holanthias fuscipinnis and bodianus sanguineus can be collected around 150ft I think. First we should group buy for rebreathers! Lets see for 5 rebreathers oh thats only $50,000 LOL.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Maybe if I waved a nice East coast Smelt in the water they would come up a little closer to the surface so I could use my "snorkle kit"....