Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Freshwater

Old 03-13-2008, 04:54 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road
Default New 45G Barb Tank

upgraded my 35G tall tank for a 45G Long tank. will add pics.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/...fef4dbc0_m.jpg
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 03-20-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:36 AM

Keri is on a distinguished road

What kinds of barbs?

My gold barbs are my favorite fish in the 55, and despite what Drew says they are NOT "goldfish"!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:18 AM

Funny you say that i just added 6 gold barbs yesterday. thats in addition to the 8 oddessa and 8 green tiger. (3 new of each) .i added the oddessa and tigers to even out the sexes as both were male dominated. i also have 5 pygmy corys . thinking im going to add 6 5 banded barbs. not sure though because i really want some Barbus denisonii. so im not sure about the 5banded barbs as the others will need room. i also just added 20 white cloud minnows. there neat looking and only cost me $5 for all of them so they are disposable. nice thing is they seem to hang out at the top of the tank, which is neat as the barbs dont. not even to eat. i made they mistake of training them to feed from the aquaclear filter stream . but they are a bottom dweller anyway.

I will add some pics this weekend. also there is 1 pick of the old (as of yesterday) tank. its not very good its mostly there because someone asked about night light options and i really like the Marina led, in my FW tanks.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Last edited by ElGuappo; 03-15-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 AM

Awesome! I love how tightly they school.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:44 PM

ya i love it too. its funny how all 3 breed will school together. but i do have a gold barb that is a huge loner and will not do anything wiht the pack . i am sure a ime goes by he will get more comfortable. sometimes my corydoras will school with everybody else aswell.

will add pics at some point today as ;my camera batt is dead .

Old 03-15-2008, 07:12 PM

Default New Pics

New Pics Added

Wow are those suckers fast to hard to get a decent pic

Last edited by ElGuappo; 03-15-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 AM

Nice! I really like the gravel you chose
Old 03-16-2008, 08:01 AM

Cool

Ya im really triing to go for a naturel look. With the exception of the castle thats for me. had colored gravel in the previous tank so i wanted to stay away from that this time. not cheap thou 60 bucks for 2 eleven pound bag.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 AM

Added a spotted rubber pleco and a clown pleco yesterday. added a aqua clear 30 to go with the 70 for water movment on the other side of the tank.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:17 AM

oost pics of the plecos ? (good choices btw - you wouldn't want one of the ones that gets 12"+)