Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-31-2018, 05:05 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
Vibrant is hard on a tank. Your best choice is to run a course or two of flocanozole. It does a good number on it until you can get your perams stabilized. I ran flock for about 40 days and it got the GHA under control until my tank stabilized and controlled it on its own. Emerald crabs do help as well. But they can only control minimal growth. They cannot keep pace with a full on bloom. It’s all about nutrient control, and SLOWLY elevating numbers at a pace the tank can maintain.
Totally agree, I ordered a round of fluconzole to push through for the recommended 14-21 days. Did some reading on R2R and it seems like many have had good success, turning the algae white and CUC taking care of it. It’s alparently not too hard on the system as well. I will give it a shot and see what happens.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:35 AM

Reyphox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
Vibrant is hard on a tank. Your best choice is to run a course or two of flocanozole. It does a good number on it until you can get your perams stabilized. I ran flock for about 40 days and it got the GHA under control until my tank stabilized and controlled it on its own. Emerald crabs do help as well. But they can only control minimal growth. They cannot keep pace with a full on bloom. It’s all about nutrient control, and SLOWLY elevating numbers at a pace the tank can maintain.

Would recommend this as well. Pluck or scrap off as much as you can to help move it along. Remove all carbon/purigen or anything that might filter out the fluconazole. Turn off skimmer. Leave the GFO in if you have it. If you change water add more meds. If you are running a refugium, you risk loosing your macroalgae and re-introducing more nutrients into your system so keep that in mind. Fluconazole is very effect against bryopsis but much slower against other algae, sometimes if you're unlucky, no effect at all. GHA can take 30 days. Have no clue what turf will take. But it's probably the safest treatment out there considering other alternatives such as Vibrant or AlgaeFix.

Tags
algae, green, hair algae, identify, turf