Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Auctions

Old 04-12-2017, 02:01 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

On a brighter note

"On Tuesday, the Legislative Yuan approved a landmark amendment to Taiwan's Animal Protection Act, banning the selling, purchasing, consumption or possession of dog or cat meat with offenders facing fines of between NT$50,000 (US$1600) to NT$250,000 (US$8100) and having photos of themselves publicized, according to Focus Taiwan News."

"The amendments also stiffen punishment for those who intentionally harm animals to a maximum two years' imprisonment and fines of NT$200,000 to NT$2 million.

Repeat offenders can be jailed for one to five years and fined NT$500,000 to NT$5 million."

They are the first country in Asia to do so. Thanks Taiwan 🇹🇼

Old 04-12-2017, 02:10 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Good news!

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:17 PM

amberc12 is on a distinguished road

$150, such a good cause.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:20 AM

Thanks for the kind bid

Meet Ken, a 9-year-old boy from the Philippines. Earlier this year, his dad wondered what he was getting up to all day and found out that Ken was feeding neighborhood dogs. “My son kept coming across these dogs while taking his own dog for a walk. My son says at first the dogs would only eat the food he left for them when he was 50 feet away,” he continued. “Gradually they got used to him. But even now, only the white puppy will come within petting distance.”

Some very kind people who saw these pictures donated money to help me care for the dogs,” Ken explains. “We got enough money to get the dogs I was feeding off the street, feed them high quality canned food, and provide them with veterinary care. They gained a LOT of weight, their open wounds healed, and their fur grew back.
What a difference Ken’s love and some charitable strangers made in these dogs’ lives. Look at the transformation these dogs—the same dogs, named Brownie (the brown one), Blackie (the black one), and White Puppy (the white puppy)—made in just a few months. Most importantly, “They also learned not to be scared of humans,” Ken says.

Now, they’re also the first residents of a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter that Ken started. With all the money he raised, Ken was able to lease 10,000 square feet of land and start the Happy Animals Club.
“My dad told me it would take a lot of money and 20 years for me to get an animal shelter. He said only grown ups can raise enough money to start an animal shelter,” Ken says on his site.
His goal? “I want to save as many [dogs] as I can from being killed for no reason.”

Thanks Ken and keep up the caring work!
Old 04-15-2017, 01:50 AM

Bump. Auction ending tonight at 9pm pst

Old 04-15-2017, 11:48 PM

Congrats Amber!
I hope lots of stray and neglected animals get much needed help and support with your generous donation

Old 04-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Awesome!

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:26 AM

Update

Not sure if this is a 100% success story YET but it appears as though there will be a ban in place by the time this years Yulin dog meat festival begins on the summer solstice. The ban is only temporary but likely halt the festival from taking place this year and due to global pressure will hopefully never happen again. Thanks to any and all Canreef members who took the time to sign online petitions, thanks to Mr. Mo Gong Ming, Yulin’s new party secretary, and thanks again to Amber for the donation!

Article found here....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...-bans-animals/

Old 05-20-2017, 11:48 PM

amberc12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFish View Post
Update

Not sure if this is a 100% success story YET but it appears as though there will be a ban in place by the time this years Yulin dog meat festival begins on the summer solstice. The ban is only temporary but likely halt the festival from taking place this year and due to global pressure will hopefully never happen again. Thanks to any and all Canreef members who took the time to sign online petitions, thanks to Mr. Mo Gong Ming, Yulin’s new party secretary, and thanks again to Amber for the donation!

Article found here....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...-bans-animals/

Your welcome! Hope the ban becomes permanent!!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:45 PM

corallivore is on a distinguished road

This is like Foie Gras....putting a huge amount of stress on an animal just to make it more tasty.

If this is a legitimate food source, it needs to be regulated.