Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-01-2015, 02:06 AM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road
Default Please take my money!

check it out, I am impressed. Someone bring some in please.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

I'm in!!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Reef supplies has an open thread called " what you would like us to bring in" or something like that. Good spot to post
Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 AM

roblarss is on a distinguished road

Says starting to ship internationally in 3 weeks, mid may.

I want one

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/04/20/i...ng-clips-work/
Old 05-01-2015, 03:09 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

That's so simple. Are you all thinking the same as me?
Why didn't I think of that. I use those circular discs that go on those pegs and it's Gorilla glued to a small mag float. Works great. But I'll be getting one of those as well. Dried algae is so cheap
Old 05-01-2015, 05:41 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Ahahhahaha. I think if I did that my naso tang would be ****ed he likes to tear a corner of the folded sheet of and eat it all at once my one sheet is gone is like 20 min between him and the rest of the fish it would take forever for them to eat outa that (which is why it's probably a good idea )
Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Pike is on a distinguished road

Its made out of PVC. . There's some debate about PVC leaching toxins. I dont know much about it , just remember reading it some where
Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I like the idea, but the contraption appears to be something that will need replacing often. I guess at $24.99 it can be semi-disposable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Its made out of PVC. . There's some debate about PVC leaching toxins. I dont know much about it , just remember reading it some where
Considering most of our tanks are plumbed using PVC that would be quite a concern. PVC primer and the solvent glue are both very toxic, but they off-gas quickly and once they are cured all that's left is just plastic.

From the PVC Pipe Association,
Quote:
PVC pipe is one of the safest and most tested materials used in North America. For over 60 years, every aspect of its production, use and disposal has been evaluated and approved by government and independent certification and testing agencies.

It meets or exceeds all required health and safety standards and regulations governed by the U.S. and Canadian Safe Drinking Water Acts and other international statutes. Its use is monitored by independent agencies like NSF International – and government bodies like the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ensure its safety through mandatory regular testing.
The PVC Pipe Association even mentions saltwater aquariums,
Quote:
PVC is approved for use around the world in water distribution and transmission, consumer products and medical applications. It is so safe that it is used for intravenous medical tubing, and it is the pipe of choice for ecologically sensitive environments like salt water aquariums, which must use the most inert and safest pipe materials available.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 PM

Pike is on a distinguished road

Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know,
Old 05-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post
Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know,
I think some people think that PVC pipe is made with BPA which became a "big deal" some years ago. I don't think there is BPA in PVC pipe from my research though. It is used as a liner in some plastic pipes though.

SPS fanatic.