Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Side by side the crosstrek only seemed 2 or so inches shorter.
Ive got a little 50lb pitty and occasionallu have a 50lb husky.
No kids (never...) so the back seats would stay down to give them more room.
Plenty enough room in the back for my pitty with thr seats up. She always lies down while we drive. I could probably fit 4 of her in the back of a Trax with how small she curls up.

I just prefer the height of a smaller Suv over a traditional wagon. At least the crosstrek is inbeteeen.
That is why i wanted the forester at first until i took a closer look at the Trax.

Honestly would prefer the slight fuel economy difference between the forester and crosstrek vs the slight size difference.

Last edited by Coasting; 07-23-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
I just prefer the height of a smaller Suv over a traditional wagon. At least the crosstrek is in between.
We probably will never own another car for this reason. The extra height makes it so much easier to get in and out of the vehicle and extra ground clearance helps in deep snow. Another plus of the extra height is that people (at least here in Alberta) tend to really love cutting cars off and trying to run them off the road, doesn't happen very often with a taller more visible vehicle. My wife traded in her 10 year old Impreza for a Highlander this spring and went from coming home mad as hell every day to having no more driving issues.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:55 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

I don't know of any new vehicles you can get for $250/month without a good trade in or down payment. If you lease sure, but financing.. The numbers don't add up which is why I suggested going used. The Crosstrek starts at $25K and even the cheap Rav4 starts at $24K so tack on some options and gst and you're back to $500+ plus a month, paying $250-300 a month means you're paying it over 8+ years which, no offence to anyone, is just bad financial advice as the depreciation will exceed your payments. If you can't pay for a car over 5 years then IMO you can't afford it, talk to any financial adviser if you disagree.

Also not to be defensive but I only suggested Audi as it sounded like the OP wanted AWD some something with a hatch. I don't like Subaru so not much else to suggest plus we owned one which we loved. For the record it only cost us just over $20K, bought it used and it was a solid car with basically zero problems unlike our previous Subaru plus when we sold it, it held it's value better than any other car we had so despite the assumption I only like BMW and Audi it's actually not the case. The Audi was solid advice and I rarely recommend BMWs, plus I own a Jeep which is not BMW or Audi. Ultimately I'm into cars, I know what's good and what's not but it's still my opinion so take with a grain of salt.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 AM
Follows the rules!

Well in the first post i said i have a truck
That will be sold before i buy anything.
2013 gently used crosstrek, forester or chev Trax is 21,000 - 23,000.
Ive all ready spoken to my financial institution. Ive all ready been pre approved for the amount I need, over 5 years, just have to wait for my truck to sell and decide what vehicle i want to purchase.
I know my budget and i know what payments i want to work with and i know whats possible. Im looking at 250-300 a month with what im asking for which is perfect.

The bmw and audis are nice but wayyy out of my budget even used.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:28 AM

reef-keeper is on a distinguished road

If you want good fuel economy have you looked at the diesel cars. My buddy in Ontario has a Volkswagen gets on average 1000 km a tank. He drives from Sudbury to North Bay every day for work.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:34 AM
Follows the rules!

Just cant do a car too small.
No Tiguan diesels available here either, not to mention those are a few thousand more.
Yeah havent seen any compact suvs in diesel but trust me it was on my list.
I know a few folks that get 1200km easy on their vw cars.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 AM
Follows the rules!

Another big thing is how i sit in the vehicle. I find a lot of cars awkward for me. The forester, crosstrek and trax were very comfortable.
The outlander was a bit weird with how the glass angled for me. I hate my dads pontiac vibe. My moms ford edge feels awkward. Boyfriends cobalt again that typical car feel, uncomfortable to drive. The santa fe felt a bit off but wasnt bad. But i really liked how i sat in those first 3 i mentioned.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Sorry I should have mentioned his drive is 122 Kms one way.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:42 AM

My son bought a used Audi A4 and with a very small DP his insurance cost more per month than his car does.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:54 AM
Follows the rules!

Yeah i try and do my insurance per year vs monthly to get it out of the way.
But i totaled my last pickup on black ice so ive got a nice 75% surcharge for at least the next 4 years, thanks icbc.
SO having to get collision as well as the base insurance on the vehicle because its financed will suck....