Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquatics

Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM

badAZZlars is on a distinguished road
Default My new return pump: Water Blaster HY 3000

http://www.conceptaquatics.ca/index....0w-pump-2.html

I picked up a new return pump from Concept Aquatics this weekend to replace my quiet one which has given me nothing but problems.

Every time my quiet one lost power it wouldn't restart without taking it apart and cleaning the impeller. This has nearly caused a tank crash on two occasions when I went away for the weekend.

I went in to see Dave with the intention of buying an eheim pump as they have a good track record for reliablility but the model I wanted was out of stock. He mentioned that they just started carrying the new Water Blaster line and that they also had a good track record for reliability and a considerable power savings over the eheim.

Before making the purchase we plugged the pump in to one of his tanks as I wanted to make sure it was quiet. This is an important aspect of any equipment that I buy for my tank. This pump is "VERY" quiet. We could barely even tell it was running.

I got it hooked up to my tank and it has been running great over the last few days. These pumps are definitely expensive but if it ends up being reliable and prevents a possible tank crash due to power outages the investment is more than worth it.

I did some research after getting it home to see how it has been reviewed by others and found this thread which gives a pretty good review of the unit.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1822299

I let Dave know I was a bit concerned due to the fact that I had never heard of these pumps before but he assured me they had an excellent track record and if at any time I wasn't happy with it he would exchange it for the eheim I initally came in for. EXCELLENT customer service.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Dave has a knack of stocking his place with all sorts of things I had previously looked into but didn't want the hassle of sourcing at the time. I'm always a bit too early

Their efficiency was what drew me to them. I love eheims but they are far from it.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

I agree, they're an awesome pump and sooooo quiet. I have a WB HY 2000 on my 40g and am putting a WB HY 5000 on my 95g.