Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-18-2014, 12:26 PM

MMAX is on a distinguished road
Default UPS Strikes Again

I've read a lot of bad reviews about UPS in here, which I really didn't think nothing about. I never had a problem with them - sure they leave the packages at the door and don't bother to ring the bell. I always used their shipping tracking service to see where my package was and planned to be there when it was delivered. That all changed when I tried to ship something. I bought a brand name high performance ski jacket from a retailer in Toronto last December. Got the jacket no problem and used it for most of the season. To my amazement, the damn thing started to fall apart. After complaint e-mails, I decided to send it back. Shipping crap through UPS isn't cheap, even for ground service and after the $75 dollar charge, I tracked the package on it's way back to Toronto. Without contacting me, the morons changed the address that I had given them and delivered it there, so here's where I sit. Nobody can locate it. Lost. UPS started an investigation so I guess I'll see how that turns out. I did buy $500 in insurance for the $420 jacket for lost items only. I can see them trying to weasel their way out of having to pay for it but I'll wait and see. Just another p*ssed-off customer, and I'll be back to report on how this comes out.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:19 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I've never liked UPS. I once ordered something from the US and it came with a phenomenal broker charge.
Never again.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:33 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

How or why would they change the delivery address...

So your saying it was delivered to the wrong address, and I assume someone accepted and signed for it? Geez hope you get this sorted out.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:22 PM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

They have screwed me before a few times too. Now when I order something, I always check who they ship with and if it's only ups, I'll buy from elsewhere.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:29 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

I have had the exact opposite experience. Canada Post screws me almost every time, but our UPS driver is one of the best we have ever had. No problems ever.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:33 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Good luck getting this resolved.
I watched a courier drive up to my neighbors house 5mins ago, he did'nt even go up the steps. Put the package on the step and turned around and left. No attempt at all to knock on the door. He did something on his hand held unit, I assume signed it off.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 AM

ReefHero is on a distinguished road

I could go on forever about how brutal UPS is and I still can't believe they are in business....after seeing their business tactics over and over I still believe that they are either sleeping with many of the companies they ship for or they have the worst/most dishonest employees of all time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
How or why would they change the delivery address...

So your saying it was delivered to the wrong address, and I assume someone accepted and signed for it? Geez hope you get this sorted out.
You got me there, I have no idea why they changed the address. I actually hope they lost it. That jacket was a disaster right from the beginning.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 PM

The status of the package is...........lost. Got a call from UPS this morning and nobody can locate this package or knows anything about it. Now to make a claim for my insurance.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:18 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman86 View Post
They have screwed me before a few times too. Now when I order something, I always check who they ship with and if it's only ups, I'll buy from elsewhere.

I won't deal with courier companies coming out of the US anymore period. Even in Canada I will avoid them at all costs.