Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM

Simmy is on a distinguished road
Default Just snails....

I added about 20 snails last week from JL boxing day and my glass is looking nice after 1 week! I used to always have algae/detrius build up in the bottom of my tank just above the sand where I can't use the magfloat to scrub for fear of catching sand between the mag and scratching my glass. I looked last night and the build-up that used to be above the sand is gone! I added Nassarius and Cerith snails.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM

ReefHero is on a distinguished road

I will never put another crab of any sort in my tank again.... Same goes for clown gobys....funny thing about the clown gobies is that liveaquaria lists them as reef safe but when you scroll down and read about them, it says they are known to hover in acros and pick at its polyps.....hmmmm....reef safe eh?

I have some bristle worms in my tank and they are 10x better and safer scavengers than any hermit crab.... If you got bubble algae then get a foxface or naso tang.... Waaaaaay better IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 PM

ReefHero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
I added about 20 snails last week from JL boxing day and my glass is looking nice after 1 week! I used to always have algae/detrius build up in the bottom of my tank just above the sand where I can't use the magfloat to scrub for fear of catching sand between the mag and scratching my glass. I looked last night and the build-up that used to be above the sand is gone! I added Nassarius and Cerith snails.

+1 can't go wrong with those guys..... Great snails!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 10:55 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

i got a GIANT red scarlet crab that took a 3' snail shell i put in for display and grew to fit it. he knocks over everything in my tank thats not super glued or epoxyed down n always manage to somehow turn into spider man and reach my frag rack n knock them all down.. i rly wanna kill him lol