Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > The Reef Network

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

thanks to reef network for putting on another auction!!

It was nice meeting everone that showed up and for those that couldn't make it maybe next time......

I am happy tho leaving with some choice sps for pennies

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 03-01-2009, 01:12 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

I want to say thanks as well. As somebody fairly new to the hobby it was nice to meet a few of the Canreef folks. It was also great to score some fantastic deals to help fill out the tanks. The low turn out was probably a disappointment for the sellers who most likely did not get as much as they wanted for their frags and all the effort they made to bring them out. It was definitely a buyer's auction. But I hope that doesn't stop the Reef Network from organizing more of these as I am sure that was the exception rather than the norm. I don't keep SPS but if I did I would have been thrilled as there was such a great selection of frags that went for a song.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 AM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

I would like to thank everyone who came out to today's auction. As always it was a great event. It is always fun to see our great friends that come out to these events. I had a great time and look forward to the next event.

Tom R
Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 AM

FBNitro is on a distinguished road

I'm sick and couldn't make it. Said I was a maybe because of that. =(

Wish I could have gone.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 AM

JakartaOrBust is on a distinguished road
Default Some peoples loss, my gain.

Thanks again to the network. I was shocked to see the low turnout. I'm almost disappointed that more did not make the effort. The amount of time and attention the network puts out there to make these events happen was greatly appreciated, especially from us out of towners.

But there loss meant I took more home. So thank you to that. I still feel a bit guilty for the prices I came home with. (Overtime I'll get over it). I hope that in the fall I will actually come back as a seller with some of my LPS pieces. And since it seems some of the West Coasters do not want to be part of not just a good place to get some well worth pieces, but the overall social experience, I will bring more of the interior hobbyists with me as well.

Thanks again everyone. Awesome stuff I brought back. I must now glue them down before they go missing.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

I had fun...and my thanks to the organizers. I think that room is really great for events, Tom. (too bad it's so far from everywhere, eh?)

I came back with more coral than I brought with me...and left some money behind as well.

As my feedback, I think that the silent auction was very successful and much more efficient than the live auction. The photos are a great idea. (I would suggest smaller photos since we needed more space) Next time, maybe we only need 2 hours. Limit to two frags per type per person. That way, there could be 1 close in 1 hour, then the other close in the 2nd hour.

That's just my feedback for consideration. It was certainly a fun and well run event as is.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 03-01-2009, 03:34 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Some good points, Brad.

I would also suggest perhaps cycling a sale every half hour or so to keep things moving and fast paced. It was basically sitting around for most of the time and then two minutes of frantic bidding and then repeat.

That room is awesome for this type of event. Special thanks to TomR.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:44 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be interesting to hear why people decided not to go.

I was with a friend from the forum and we had planned to go but in the end just spent most of our money in the morning at a tank shut down. To be honest we figured it would be super busy. Still figured the deals would be amazing but just never made it.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:49 AM

cprowler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprowler View Post
I just got the call to work tomorrow so I won't be able to go.

I hope everyone posts lots of pics so those of us who can't make it can catch a glimpse of how it was.
Well work today wasn't much fun...actually it sucked.

Sounded like there were a few of you, I hope this doesn't affect future events. I was expecting to hear that it was packed and I was hoping it was going to create a desire for a event every three months instead of six. You guys can sign me up for the next event and I'll volunteer to help set up of what ever is needed.

I hope someone took some pics to show us what we missed and to make sure we get our buts to the next one.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Working all weekend so no auction for me. In fact, it's after midnight & I'm still editing papers & will be for another 2 or 3 hours at least.

Sounds like it would have been a lot of fun.

Anthony