Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-14-2016, 06:36 PM

spedly is on a distinguished road

I've ordered the reef salt from Amazon a couple of times and haven't had any broken buckets. Sounds like I've been lucky.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:58 PM

Fesso is on a distinguished road

I wish I had read this thread before trying to mix some salt in my bucket. It flooded out my closet!!!

GUess I'll try for the 10% discount!

On another note, does anyone know of a Canadian source for -NP-Pro yet?

Been using the Probiotic salt, Coral A,B,E,V and Pro Bio S for 6 weeks and I have totally noticed a difference in the tank. The corals are more colourful and my rocks have never looked so clean!

I am currently using a bit of vinegar instead of -NP-Pro as a carbon source for now... seems to work just fine!

Last edited by Fesso; 04-16-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:03 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

NP Pro isn't available in Canada yet. You can buy off the Amazon.com website and have it shipped up though. Our dollar is a bit better these days so it isn't super terrible. I think a 50 mL bottle is about $40 all in. There is also a diluted 2L bottle that you can put on a dosing pump, but you pay USD$25 shipping on it.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
NP Pro isn't available in Canada yet. You can buy off the Amazon.com website and have it shipped up though. Our dollar is a bit better these days so it isn't super terrible. I think a 50 mL bottle is about $40 all in. There is also a diluted 2L bottle that you can put on a dosing pump, but you pay USD$25 shipping on it.
I was looking at this today. The description on Amazon didn't indicate that the 2L bottle was diluted but I trust your experience.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:45 AM

Etaloche is on a distinguished road

Went for a bucket of the probiotic salt and did my first wc with it yesterday and also dosed the tank with biokit from prodibio. Hoping for good results. My bucket came unbroken which was nice.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:11 PM

For anyone that is interested the Amazon.com shipping costs have dropped for the 2000ml bottle of NP Pro. Last Sunday it was ~$25. Today it's ~$15. Had to pull the trigger.

I really like Aquaforest products. I don't have a point of reference to compare it to other than "no dosing at all" but in the past few days that I've been using ProbioticS there is a marked difference in the the beauty of my tank.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
I was looking at this today. The description on Amazon didn't indicate that the 2L bottle was diluted but I trust your experience.
I emailed them to ask about it,and that's what they told me. Since then I've noticed a couple tanks on RC using the 2L version on a doser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
For anyone that is interested the Amazon.com shipping costs have dropped for the 2000ml bottle of NP Pro. Last Sunday it was ~$25. Today it's ~$15. Had to pull the trigger.

I really like Aquaforest products. I don't have a point of reference to compare it to other than "no dosing at all" but in the past few days that I've been using ProbioticS there is a marked difference in the the beauty of my tank.
Nice score! Thanks for the alert!

Edit: 2L bottle is USD$22.99 now...already jumped back up.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 05-09-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:59 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Just received my bucket of reef salt today, ordered on Wednesday night and showed up already with the pail in one piece. I'm down to my last 2 cups of RC so I'll soon see if this salt is just as good. It's already cheaper than RC and it shows up on my door step so two pluses already. No free bottle of anything though.

Last edited by intarsiabox; 05-09-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Just received my bucket of reef salt today, ordered on Wednesday night and showed up already with the pail in one piece. I'm down to my last 2 cups of RC so I'll soon see if this salt is just as good. It's already cheaper than RC and it shows up on my door step so two pluses already. No free bottle of anything though.
Just make note that the Ca/Alk/Mg level is NSW values (410/7.0/1250), so if you keep elevated alk for LPS, then you'll want to boost it up.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:14 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Just make note that the Ca/Alk/Mg level is NSW values (410/7.0/1250), so if you keep elevated alk for LPS, then you'll want to boost it up.
Thanks, I'll measure to see what I get on the first batch. The certificate I got says this batch comes out to 430/8.0/1380.