Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-01-2016, 07:23 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiansho View Post
Hey mrhasan, as per your pic all sensors are above water. Can the tempo sensor be fully submerged?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Temp sensor is not fully submersible. You will need to keep the top above water.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 05-03-2016, 04:01 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Great review! Thanks for posting. I'd like to try out the Aquatronica, but I'm holding off until they make an auto feeder.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Great review! Thanks for posting. I'd like to try out the Aquatronica, but I'm holding off until they make an auto feeder.
Thanks for reading

They will be unveiling some new modules in next few weeks but auto feeder will probably not be one of them.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:24 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Thanks for reading

They will be unveiling some new modules in next few weeks but auto feeder will probably not be one of them.
Yeah, I've already been asking about the auto feeder. I was even hoping that maybe it would control the Apex auto feeder, but I haven't been able to find that out yet.

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Yeah, I've already been asking about the auto feeder. I was even hoping that maybe it would control the Apex auto feeder, but I haven't been able to find that out yet.
Since its a linux based platform and apex autofeeder just requires the trigger, I am pretty sure if someone with the right geeky-ness look into it, he/she will be able to mod the controller fairly easy. Given that aquatronica becomes popular enough.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:14 PM

fishmanty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Temp sensor is not fully submersible. You will need to keep the top above water.
I did not know this... I have nearly the identical set-up as you. I have had mine submerged for 2 months nearly and it still works fine? Any chance that they have just told you its not submersible for liability reasons?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanty View Post
I did not know this... I have nearly the identical set-up as you. I have had mine submerged for 2 months nearly and it still works fine? Any chance that they have just told you its not submersible for liability reasons?
Very much possible. The seal on the top does look like they are sealed to be submerged, at least temporarily, but since their website says not to submerge the probes, it is better not to do that for warranty issues.

This is kind of like ranco probe, some used it submerged for years but the manufacturer suggests not to do that.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:14 AM

Tiansho is on a distinguished road

Mrhasan how do you have your port forwarding set up? I currently have Telus internet, by following the steps withing the controller, i am able to see my controller only within my network. Not anywhere else. Do you or anybody else experiencing this issue?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiansho View Post
Mrhasan how do you have your port forwarding set up? I currently have Telus internet, by following the steps withing the controller, i am able to see my controller only within my network. Not anywhere else. Do you or anybody else experiencing this issue?

First, you have to access router via webpage. There should an IP address written on the router, type that and it will take you to router's login page. You will have to login using the username and password written on the router unless it has been changed. Once you are in, go to firewall. Then on the left, click port forwarding. Select the IP that belongs to your controller from the drop down menu. For external port (both start and end), put in the port that you are using for the controller. For internal port (both start and end), use 80. Then save and let the router restart. Once done, you should be able to access the remote access using the aquatronica webpage and the user/pass that you created in the controller. You won't be able to remote access the controller unless you are in a different network. If you have data connection in your cellphone, try using that and you should be able to login.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Great write up. Glad to have members here that put this level of effort into the hobby.