Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Mad Jelly Corals

Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road
Default MadJelly...Above & Beyond

First off I will apologize in advance if this review is lengthy but I want to give Tony and Long the props they deserve.

I placed an order with madjelly about a week and a half ago for a few sps frags the order was ready to go with the exception that we found out that fedex would not guarantee overnight delivery to my area as I live in a fairly rural area of BC. They worked feverishly to try and find out if there was any way for me to receive my corals but we found out the only way for me to receive them overnight was to have them shipped to Kelowna BC which at the time I could not make happen as it is about a 3hr drive for me and I was working that day. Unfortunately I was forced to cancel the order, MJC emphatically apologized and the payment was refunded immediately with no question.

On Tuesday this week I found out I needed to be in kelowna for Thursday and almost immediately I thought hmmm... Yes I think so! I contacted MJC with my order late Tuesday night and asked if it was possible to get it shipped out Wednesday with very short notice. Tony replied first thing in the morning with and I quote " I will do everything in my power to ship it out today". Sure enough after a few text messages I received the shipping tracking number. They were in constant contact with me over the last couple days and showed real concern that this package arrived safe and sound. Well about noon today I picked up my corals from fedex and opened the box as MJC seemed very concerned about their well being after the cross country flight. Sure enough every frag looked great so I was able to put their minds at ease with a text and headed out for the 3hr drive home.

When I finally got home I ripped into the box and pulled out all the very well packed bags which were nicely labelled and started acclimating and dipping...thanks for the free dip by the way! Within about five minutes all the sps frags started opening up and polyps where waving in the flow. Wow!! I'm guesstimating it was 30 hrs or so tank to tank and these corals look amazing and exactly like what their website showed. Very impressive!

I have been in this hobby for about 15 years and due to my location in BC everything I buy is usually online and this was the best online purchase I have made. Their customer service is definitely above and beyond with great communication throughout the whole process. Their product is top notch, with a cross country trip over 30 + hours and not one coral loss...wow I was expecting a casualty or three but not one. So thanks Tony and Long for great corals and amazing service. I don't think I will be making a trip to kelowna without picking up a package filled with MadJelly Corals, pew...pew
Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention, will post pictures tomorrow when lights are on as I turned lights off when the frags went in.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road

Thanka Chris!

~Tony