Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-23-2015, 01:31 AM

hackerberry is on a distinguished road

2 AI prime is more than enough for your tank. It covers 18X18 in. My back chamber from intake is...Tunze skimmer/Heater and Reactor/Bio balls and other biological filtration/ last is the foam filter and the pump with UV attached to the return hose.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:21 AM

Jpower is on a distinguished road

Hi Hackerberry

How do you like the reactor? You have alot more filtration then I was planning on going with. Im brand new to this hobby and learning new things pretty much everytime I read something. I was just reading up on the reactors and heard good things aside from them clogging if left for over a week.

I was basically going to run skimmer, heater, carbon and then filter pad. However now im thinking the reactor sounds like it could have some added benifit as well.

I would definatly like to get into harder to keep corals down the road but am hoping to start with alot of easier stuff for the first year to see how steady I am able to keep my water parameters. I think I will purchase 2 of the primes, I like how you dont need a controller and can use your phone to set them up!

How many fish are you keeping in your tank?
Old 04-29-2015, 11:10 PM

Jpower is on a distinguished road

I am looking for a little advice. The stock Fluval heater I have in my tank is very inaccurate. This morning I woke up to my tank at 71 degrees with my heater set at 80. I we t and picked up a jager and placed it in as the 2 others I have in my quarentine and waterchange bucket seem to be spot on. Basically I would like a controller that will use my heaters and will hopefully be more accurate. Which one is decent?

I also ordered a Tunze 9004 to replace my fluval ps1 skimmer. Looking forward to the change.

Jesse
Old 04-29-2015, 11:19 PM

hackerberry is on a distinguished road

I'm pleased with the reactor. So far I have 2 clowns, a royal gramma, a Hector's goby and a lawn mower blenny. Got tons of acans and zoas.

Tags
fluval m90, newbie