Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Vancouver Island

Old 01-04-2007, 12:01 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Ok seeing as how no one jumped on my idea my vote is for nanaimo as well, I can visit my daughter at the same time.

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I'm with Lee and Marie on this - Nanaimo would work the best for us.........hey Lee need a really big rabbit fish that eats algae really REALLY well (and the odd coral?!) ha ha

Last edited by Chaloupa; 01-04-2007 at 12:32 AM. Reason: oops typo
Old 01-04-2007, 07:05 PM

sperkins is on a distinguished road
Default Nanaimo

So I think I saw someone offer their place if it's in Nanaimo or was I imagining things? Early summer is a long way off what do folks thing of the April-June time frame? For me it would have to be a weekend and if it was depending on timeing I could probably get down early and do what I can to to assist with setup (I have a really bad back so I'm limited on on the heavy manual labour). I have no idea what kind of crowd normally shows for these but I could bring down a BBQ as well as folding table and chairs.

Another option would be to look at renting a hall for this I know there's several in the Nanaimo area that are really inexpensive (my cousin recently got married there). While we still have to do setup and cleanup it's not one poor person's home that gets stuck with the majority of the work.

Anyhow I'm in whenever and where-ever as long as I can swing the logistics on the date picked. Let me know if I can assist.

Sharon
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins View Post
So I think I saw someone offer their place if it's in Nanaimo or was I imagining things?
No, you weren't imagining things, that was me. Did one here before no troubles at all.

Quote:
Early summer is a long way off what do folks thing of the April-June time frame? For me it would have to be a weekend and if it was depending on timeing I could probably get down early and do what I can to to assist with setup (I have a really bad back so I'm limited on on the heavy manual labour). I have no idea what kind of crowd normally shows for these but I could bring down a BBQ as well as folding table and chairs.
Chairs and BBQ's sound great. I had to do the salmon in the oven last time due to BBQ space. I'm sure we can find enough backs to do the grunt labor, and a weekend is pretty much a sure thing as it works best for the majority, not to mention that's all that would work for me!! Fair weather in June'ish would let us use the yard for the BBQ/kickback and BS session. (BS=Beer Swaling. GRIN!)

Quote:
Another option would be to look at renting a hall for this I know there's several in the Nanaimo area that are really inexpensive (my cousin recently got married there). While we still have to do setup and cleanup it's not one poor person's home that gets stuck with the majority of the work.
Setup and cleanup weren't really a problem last time. The house and yard are big enough for the numbers of reefers I'd expect. I may not be rich, but I'm not "one poor person!" hmmm.... OK maybe a little bit.

Quote:
Anyhow I'm in whenever and where-ever as long as I can swing the logistics on the date picked. Let me know if I can assist.

Sharon
OK you can assist ( LOL!!) if the crowd desides Nanaimo and my place.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM

Fugu is on a distinguished road

Nanimo sounds great,not very far away.We should see if IPZ wants to join us or maby safari.Any cool cars would be great too
It would definatly be on the weekend,I just thought earl summer because the weather will be more predictable (sun or rain.)

We should put this thread on BC aquaria.If anyone there is not on here or if they want to take a ferrry ride.

"Well that brings up an interesting philosophical question.Is it okay to snitch to the police,on the police."-Rhily Freeman
Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 PM

ldzielak is on a distinguished road

Scavenger has a nice place, he has my vote. Missed the last meet at his place...

Lee
Old 01-05-2007, 12:12 AM

clipperfish is on a distinguished road
Default count me in

Hello count me in too. I can drive people from Victoria up to where ever it is going to be .
Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 AM

Fugu is on a distinguished road

Great! thanks clipperfish! my car has no front sheetmeatle.Maby if I drive really,really,really fast the cops won't notice!

"Well that brings up an interesting philosophical question.Is it okay to snitch to the police,on the police."-Rhily Freeman
Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Bruzer is on a distinguished road
Default Totaly Intrested

Id definitly be intrested in going to this, good chance to meet some local reefers=)
48"corallife light fixture 2 65w 10k 2 65w atinic
100lbs live rock(3-4" argonite sand
1 purple sabae anenome, bright purple tips 8" diameter
1 white/rosey long tentacle,bright white tips 4" diam
1 Fuzzy dwarf lion
1 black/yellow clown
1 false percula
1 coral beauty
1 yellow eye kole tang (baby) getting moved to 90soon
1 cleaner wrasse
1 brittle star, 1 sea cucumber,1 banded coral shrimp
Old 04-08-2007, 05:53 PM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road

Did you guys set a date for this???? Did I already miss it? The thread just kind of ended with no dates set. If it's still going on, I'm in for sure. I don't mind helping out with food ect...
Shaun.